Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Whats the largest on record crested gecko? See Video...

Thanks

By atrue nutritional content I am not saying this product that product, this product. I mean 6% this, 7% that, what the different acid content is (amino and omega), I guess I mean an analysis of the food is what I am asking for, which like I said you will need lab work done for it to get the exact amount.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

I know close to what it is. I am sure I am within less than a percent ratio. I can not give a 20% Guaranteed Analysis, which would be the minimum standard. BUT, I have sent off a sample to Eastern Washington University. As soon as that result is available, I will be able to post the percentages with certainty, and will be happy to do so.

Thanks

Oops, I almost forgot. I have never seen an Amino or Omega percentage value disclosed on either diet, can you refer me to where to find that ? Thanks.

What I have seen is:
    Moisture
    Dry Matter
    Crude Protein
    Digestible Protein
    Fiber
    Crude Fiber
    Total Digestible Nutrients
    Metabolizable Energy
    Calcium
    Phosphorous
    Calcium / Phosphorous Ratio

Thanks

I was just using amino and omega as an example as it was the first thing that came into my head when doing food analysis. I think the reason you dont see it on there is because either one it does not play a vital role in the nutritional content for them, or two it is so small the amount plays little role.

But I really am interested in it, so keep me mosted on the results that come back. And I am glad to hear you did send it away to know exactly what is in it.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

I certainly cant speak for the folks who have done it before me, but it appears that they do the LEAST required guaranteed Analysis (20%). And stick to that short list of percentages. I ASSUME it is based on the cost of it. It is expensive to have done. That was my determining factor on what to test for for sure!

Thanks

Beautiful cresties.

If I was ever to start breeding cresties would not mind adding some of those genetics in.

On side note I tried making mixed beefheart for my fishes once and ruined the blender in process

Thanks

Per request, I uploaded a new vido of Big Mama in a better lit room. I think she is easier to see outside of the dark gecko room. The video is on my "flip" video, I purchased the cheaper version. You get what you pay for I guess. The quality isnt the greatest. The light in this room blows her out almost............

She has loose skin around her neck and front arms, as do all my others that are older than 4-5. Even the ones who weigh in the 40's......... I have chalked this up to age. I am no scientist, or crested gecko skin expert. I can only make assumptions based on what I see on MY geckos.The skin is thin and loose, not plump or full of fat. This has formed on at least half of my older adults. Keep in mind I have feed Repashy diet for several years, clarks, and then I have used my own "reciepe" for the past 7 months.If anyone else has older geckos that could chime in on their appearance, I am all ears. I have also noticed the older adults loose some of their color brightness beyond 5 years...................in my opinion. Breeder adults.

Anyways, I will get back to all the store videos I am supposed to be uploading to youtube for my webmaster. Any more requests, feel free to pm me.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL5vxOvHaDk

Thanks

Alyssa Collins has a female that's 100.4 grams last time she weighed her I just went and seen her yesterday she's huge! And it's not that she's fat or over weight she's just huge. Like her head can fit a silver dollar on it and then it looks like a quarter instead of a silver dollar
    Last edited by reptile queen; 01-12-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: forgot to add things