Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the largest on record crested gecko? See Video...

Thanks

Default Whats the largest on record crested gecko? See Video...

I have heard stories of big ones. Allen told me he had one that was around 70. I remember seeing a post about it many years ago. Whats the biggest anyone has proven to date? I posted a video (link below) of a female, during cooling at 74 grams. She is in the low 80's during season.
    Would love to hear others stories.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ox2mx-7U4

Thanks

You can use the search function on the forum to look, there are a couple threads with very large cresties on there.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

What key words did you search for? I tried that, but wasnt using the right word combo I am guessing

Thanks

Wow, she's big!!!

My biggest is 64g last month. She is not as big as yours, but I see the potential! Lavander loves her CGD

Roxanne (rhatfield) has some chunkers that may be closer to yours.
    Brandie

www.cbballpythons.com
    5.5.7.3 Cresties - 1.2.1 Gargoyle - 1.1 M.I. Chahoua - 1.1.0.4 P.I. Chahoua - 0.0.1 Leachie

"I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set.......I think I need a Lear jet"

Thanks

I am uploading another video now, I went back downstairs and put a quarter on her head, you can still fit a nickle beside it I also took video while weight on 7 other geckos. They are as follows:

Female Breeder "cooling" 58 grams
    Female Breeder "cooling" - no tail 50 grams
    Male Breeder "cooling" -46 grams
    Female Breeder "cooling" no tail 62 grams
    Male Breeder "cooling" no tail 56 grams
    Juvenile 7 months old female 32 grams
    Juvenile 8 months old female 40 grams

I will post the link once it is uploaded.

Thanks

I dont use Clarks any more, in ads I sometimes describe it as that to make it shorter and easier to explain. I formulated my own diet for personal use, not distribution. The basics of it are from the Clarks formuls, but mine has no preservatives, a higher percentage of fruit base, and a higher protein. In total I have 6 added ingredients, and 8 removed ingredients from their formula.

I always used CGD and non sugar baby food instead of water, and crickets dusted every other day. Now I use my diet and water, along with the crickets. It has worked rather well for me and my geckos. No loose stools, no fruit flies, no funky smells. Alot of my cages are stained from the poos that used to run down the screen........Solid poos are good

The name rings a bell, either I have purchased from her, or vice versa. I hope she posts hers.

Very pretty Lavender you have there I sold my Lavender Harem to Vicki at Big Fat Geckos- she was shocked at how big the breeders were. That says alot coming from a business with that kinda name

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReptileAddictions View Post
    I am uploading another video now, I went back downstairs and put a quarter on her head, you can still fit a nickle beside it I also took video while weight on 7 other geckos. They are as follows:

Female Breeder "cooling" 58 grams
    Female Breeder "cooling" - no tail 50 grams
    Male Breeder "cooling" -46 grams
    Female Breeder "cooling" no tail 62 grams
    Male Breeder "cooling" no tail 56 grams
    Juvenile 7 months old female 32 grams
    Juvenile 8 months old female 40 grams

I will post the link once it is uploaded.
    Dang!!! I don't even know what to say!!! Do you have some secret "Incredible Hulk" food you are giving them!?
    Brandie

www.cbballpythons.com
    5.5.7.3 Cresties - 1.2.1 Gargoyle - 1.1 M.I. Chahoua - 1.1.0.4 P.I. Chahoua - 0.0.1 Leachie

"I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set.......I think I need a Lear jet"

Thanks

I think I was typing and posting what I feed while you were typing and posting that question LOL

Thanks

I dont use Clarks any more, in ads I sometimes describe it as that to make it shorter and easier to explain. I formulated my own diet for personal use, not distribution. The basics of it are from the Clarks formuls, but mine has no preservatives, a higher percentage of fruit base, and a higher protein. In total I have 6 added ingredients, and 8 removed ingredients from their formula.
    I have all sorts of problems with this post but I woke up to use the bathroom and now for some reason I am checking email so maybe its better I wait until later this morning to post all I disagree with in this post.

Ahh what the heck why not.

Do the makers of Clarks Diet know you are re tooling their diet? Do they know you are advertising you feed your geckos the "improved" Clarks Diet even though it is really you adding and subtracting whatever you please from their diet? I see in this for sale ad you posted you say you are feeding "improved" Clarks. I'd wager a bet that is false advertising / misrepresenting a product on some level or another. It would be like me putting in a FS ad I am feeding my geckos an "improved" version of Repashy's Crested Gecko Diet.

From your FS ad,
    http://pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33482
    My adult geckos average 50-76 grams as breeders. More pics avail on request.
    They are kept in full screen enclosures. Misted 3X a day, feed gutloaded dusted crickets every other day, and a improved version of Clarks Gecko Diet with higher fruit and higer protein- all natural on the other day.
    Dusted crickets every other day? There is such a thing as bad weight you know. Just because they weight more does not mean they are healthier animals. You want to post about 32 and 40 gram 7 and 8 month females to me that is no indication of diet success or over all health.
    I always used CGD and non sugar baby food instead of water, and crickets dusted every other day. Now I use my diet and water, along with the crickets. It has worked rather well for me and my geckos.
    Then to top it all off after re doing the Clarks diet the way you wanted you add baby food.

I see in your video you keep them in all screen cages too, that is not really ideal ether.

I don't have much else to say, I better go to now.

Oh wait one more thing. I am curious. What 8 things did you take out and what 6 things did you put back in? How did you determine what you were taking out? How did you determine what you put back in? What scientific background do you have that qualifies you to tinker with the diet of a reptile?

Ok now I think I am really done this time.

Thanks

I do want to agree with Talken on one point for now at least, just because a gecko has a lot of weight on it doesn't mean it's a healthy "large" gecko. It can be a fat gecko too. Obese geckos, just like obese people, can have health issues, including trouble with breeding. While she has great head structure, the girl in the vid also has quite a chunky belly area on her and I get worried when I see folks showing off excessively chubby geckos and calling them "large."

Ramanth's Raptor is still the biggest I've heard of, at 83 (plus - his tail was hanging off and touching the table in the pic) grams at the time of these pics, and he appears to have a healthy build, no hangover chub rolls. http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13234

Edit: And yeah, a total of 14 changes to Clark's diet kind of makes it... not Clark's diet anymore. As a moderator I'm going to ask you to either remove the line in your ad or state exactly what you've stated here so there is no false advertising.