Thread: snow camo?

Thanks

Default snow camo?

ok, the creamsicle thread gave me the motivation i needed to finally ask this question

WTF constitutes a snow camo?
    i have only seen like 1 pic of one, and i guess i didnt get it from that one pic

*edited for coherantness(if thats even a word, lmao)

Thanks

Well it's coherent now, though coherentness is not a word. lol, sorry couldn't help it.

Snow camo's are cresteds (obviously) that during the day appear to be white or greyish white in body color and have black tiger stripes. Crested Lady used to have a great picture/gecko, but she sold him. Someone on here got him I think, so maybe they'll post for you.
    Honor and valor were long ago drowned by the very society they swore to protect.

8.10.9 Crested Geckos
    1.2 Gargoyle Geckos
    1.1 Tangerine Phase Albino AFT's
    0.3 Peach Phase Albino AFT's (two are striped)
    1.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.2 Viper Geckos
    1.1 Yellow-headed Cape Geckos
    0.1 Panther Geckos
    There'll be more, just you wait and see

http://www.celticisle.com/infernal_star/

Thanks

Snow Camo's are basically gray/white cresteds with dark gray/black tiger stripes. I thought they looked like they were wearing snow camoflauge, and the name stuck. Lol.

Here's are a few photos of some Snow Camo's. As they mature, their reddish/brown pigment fades to create a very nice contrasting black/white pattern. (You can see the fading brown/red coloration on the juvenile photos.) Neat looking little geckos.

A very young Snow Camo (You can see how much red/brown pigment they have at first) :

We've already got "Snow Camo" eggs cooking and are hoping to produce a lot more this year.
    Last edited by Crested Lady; 04-28-2006 at 02:07 PM.
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

Sarah, you know your Snow Camos almost remind me of a White Siberian Tiger. If you ever refine them more so their stripes are darker and their body color becomes more white then gray, you should call them White Tigers. (Ok, totally off topic, but it just popped into my head and thought I would share. )

*Excuse any of my posts if they seem random and mental. Finals have started!*
    - Nicole -

Please visit http://www.aamds.org/aplastic/ for more information on Aplastic Anemia

Thanks

I have Kramer and would post some pictures but, lately he is dark.......almost black. When he decides to show his true colors I will post some pictures.

Thanks

I purchased Camille and she has already laid two clutches for me.... tomorrow I am purchasing a new camera and will finally be able to post udated photos of Camille and Asrai (formerly Gorbash) for you to see Sarah! plus photos of my 2 rescues and my two cresteds from the Gecko hut.
    I'm hoping Camille's eggs yield snow camos!!!
    Jillie
    3.5.19 Crested Geckos (0.3.15 for sale)
    0.1.0 R.Brev (pygmy chams)

www.CelticHerps.com

Thanks

wow ok

thanks for the descriptions infernal and sarah and thanks to sarah especially for the pics

the pic i saw was nowhere near as good as those, and now i can definately see it

/me thinks its time to save for a snow camo

Thanks

I bought a gecko that appeared to be a snow camo, but as it matured it darkened instead of the lightened Ah well she turned out to be a female and carries the genes to make snow camos, so I'm still happy. Maybe someday I'll get a white crested or just luck during breeding.
    Honor and valor were long ago drowned by the very society they swore to protect.

8.10.9 Crested Geckos
    1.2 Gargoyle Geckos
    1.1 Tangerine Phase Albino AFT's
    0.3 Peach Phase Albino AFT's (two are striped)
    1.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.2 Viper Geckos
    1.1 Yellow-headed Cape Geckos
    0.1 Panther Geckos
    There'll be more, just you wait and see

http://www.celticisle.com/infernal_star/

Thanks

I have one of Sarah's (Crested Lady) Snow Camos and have been able to watch his changes from hatchling to current @ 9 months old. I don't have all his hatchling to current pics on this computer, but I do have a few. It's neat to see how he's changed and I can hardly wait for the end result. He should be breathtaking!

Hatchling, just a few days old. Photo rights belong to Sarah Milroy, Crested Lady:

Hatchling, 8 weeks old:

Juvenile, 6 months old:

Sub-adult, 7 months old:

Sub-adult, 8 months old:

Current, 9 months old:

This has been one of the most exciting morphs to watch as he has darkened and slowly lightened up. I'm eternally thankful to Sarah for blessing me with this beautiful one! Although, Sarah may decide she wants him back, lol... He weighs 25+ grams now, and once he's ready to breed, I'm going to match him up with Chiroptera in hopes of Snow Camo babies. I do realize he's got a ways to go, before he reaches full camo, but that shouldn't stop him from throwing some camo babies!

O
    Last edited by Cicada Hollow; 05-01-2006 at 10:11 PM.
    ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
    1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
    1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog