Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crested Gecko Diet New Formula

Thanks

Default Crested Gecko Diet New Formula

Hey Everyone,

The new version of the Crested Gecko Diet will be here next week. I will have every size of diet available in both the new version and the "older version" with the exception of 4 oz which will only be the new version.

With any change, you may notice it takes a couple of feedings for your geckos to take to the new stuff, trust me, it's worth it. There are many improvements to this formula, most importantly is an enhanced fat profile, which will increase slow growth rates.

When ordering please add to your order notes if you would prefer the new formula or the older formula.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks

Awesome and good to know! Ill be sure to get some new stuff on the next order!
    STEVEN

Thanks

So, which did I get? well recieve friday?
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Is it the two part diet? Does it taste/smell different? I have slow growers, so I want some. Any discount on it? I just bought some CGD in Dec, but would have held out til now if I new about the new formula.
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Thanks

Everything that has been shipped this week is the old formula. Roxanne, if you want to exchange some or all of it just refuse the UPS shipment and I'll get it back, and I will ship you new stuff next week.

It will probably smell and taste a little different, but I haven't even had a chance to try it out with my geckos yet. Originally the plan was to launch the new stuff in a couple months, but there has been some delays with some of the ingredients for the old formula, so this one is going into production ealier than expected.

I'm not sure if Allen is going to do any specials. I sell at the minimum price allowed by my distributor agreement, so I can only discount if Allen does some kind of promotion.

Thanks

Bummer I just got another bag today from you! Whats the difference in them, just the increased fat content?
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

Actually having some of the old stuff may be a good thing, as you start to get low on it you can get the new stuff, mix them together and have a seamless transition into the new food.

Thanks

What exactly do you mean by, 'enhanced fat profile, which will increase slow growth rates.'?
    Are you saying it will help put weight on your gecko or just help with growing in general?
    What are some other differences in this new formula?
    Is the cost still the same as the older formula?
    -erica.
    3.2.0: Crested Geckos-Maurice. Calypso. Sun-Dance. Rodolfo. Sand-Storm.
    2.3.0: Box Turtles-Sheldon, Macho. Munch, Citrus, Scooter.
    1.1.2: Leopard Geckos- Doug. Kevin. Jango. Jaja.
    0.0.2: Green Iguanas- Darwin. Liberty.
    1.0.0: Pygmy Chameleon- Lafayette.

Thanks

Here you go: Quote From Allen Repashy

I am also gathering data and getting ready to make my annual upgrade to the Crested Gecko Diet and this year, there will be some significant changes made that should again increase palatability while make nutritional improvements at the same time. This new version will be so different that I will probably offer this in addition to the current version for so people don't freak out. I have no doubt that you will all find it a great improvement, but people don't like change, and I am happy to let it roll into the new version at a transitional pace.
    Hemp has been my primary source of lipids in the formula, and in order to have the lipid levels I want, I have to use quite a bit of Hemp. Hemp contributes a bit of a nutty/bland flavor to the diet, and it can compete a bit with the fruit when prepared with water. Hemp is awesome stuff and has an EFA ratio second to none, but progress is going to cut it back a bit to increase flavor. If you noticed, the diet smells a lot better when dry then after you mix it with water.... A big part of change comes from the hemp. So I have elected to reformulate using egg yolks as a major contributor to the lipid profile. and because egg is a very highly concentrated source of lipids, I can replace hemp at a ratio of about four to one... Meaning I can add a little egg to replace a lot of hemp.... and keep the target lipid profile unchanged.

I will be cutting the hemp by nearly a third, adding the egg, and making up the difference with more fruit powder... So we will have two factors contributing to better palatability..... Less hemp, and more sugars. The result will be quite significant as far as how it mixes, and tastes...... but at the same time, the nutritional values will not change other than a bump in sugars of about 5% and the improvement of having an animal source of lipids..... There will also be a reduction in fiber, but the improved digestibility should leave a net change of very little as far as what comes out of the gecko Most significant to users will be the reduction in hemp as far as how the mix looks, feels, and taste's.

Thanks

Thanks...
    Also, on kind of a side note but it just popped into my head:
    I bought a second bag of CGD b/c I thought I was going to need it.
    This has been a more than a month ago.
    Does the dry CGD go bad over time?
    Would refrigerating it now be a good idea until I do need it?
    Thanks.
    -erica.
    3.2.0: Crested Geckos-Maurice. Calypso. Sun-Dance. Rodolfo. Sand-Storm.
    2.3.0: Box Turtles-Sheldon, Macho. Munch, Citrus, Scooter.
    1.1.2: Leopard Geckos- Doug. Kevin. Jango. Jaja.
    0.0.2: Green Iguanas- Darwin. Liberty.
    1.0.0: Pygmy Chameleon- Lafayette.