View Poll Results: You Think it will Regrow?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full Tail

16 27.59%
  • Half Tail

22 37.93%
  • No Tail

20 34.48%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Test to see if Sara X Crested Hybrids Tail Regeneration or not

Thanks

Default Test to see if Sara X Crested Hybrids Tail Regeneration or not

Today Dec 30, 2009 I have removed a tail for one of my chevron sara hybrid to see if tail regeneration is possible . Its tail was nipped by its hatchmate and was not looking good. I have been waiting to see if it would on its own, but didn't. This is a test to see if the sara's bloodline intergraded into a crested gecko would regrow their tails. As of this date im not aware of any other hybrids that are able to. My chahoua X crested was unable to do so and from what i understand a pure chahoua doesn't regrow from a full tail loss, but the sara will. The tail will be used for DNA resreach by Aaron B. and his team.

Video
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Q6GHxnhQg[/YOUTUBE]

Sara X Crested Hybrid pics after taill loss.

Thanks

Should be interesting to see if it grows back.

Out of pure curiosity, why do you feel the need to cross things?

Thanks

Very interesting.I voted no but thats just a hunch really.It would be cool if the tail did regenerate.

Nice cross by the way.I would love to see pics of it as it grows.

Thanks

Very intresting. I am ok with hybrids as long as people label them as hybrids. I am happy you posted this, and I hope you continue to post updated pictures. Have you seen the Crested x garg that someone hatched not too long ago, it only lived for a few days, but it is still interesting. I think the tail will regenerate, but will look different than the original.
    http://gbgeckos.webs.com/

Rhacodactylus, Eublepharis, Nephrurus, Phyllurus, Phelsuma, Blaesodactylus, Uroplatus, Ebenavia, Matoatoa, Geckoella, Quedenfeldtia, Rhoptropus, Pachydactylus, Alsophylax, Cyrtopodion, Mediodactylus

Thanks

Any updates on your Cresthouas Lance?
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MPLexus301 View Post
    Any updates on your Cresthouas Lance?
    updates...? as in pictures? ones been breeding, no luck this year. The other larger male will also be breeding this season and the smaller 2 got one more year to go.

Thanks

I'm guessing that the tail might partially regrow back, and will be different looking then the original tail.

Cute lil Crested x Sara! I see the Crested features in it, and some Sara in it too!

I'm looking forward to trying my hand at the Chahoua x Crested next year. I want to hatch just one so I can have it as a pet. I like the way they look!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie
    1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
    1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
    1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jennsen View Post
    I'm guessing that the tail might partially regrow back, and will be different looking then the original tail.

Cute lil Crested x Sara! I see the Crested features in it, and some Sara in it too!

I'm looking forward to trying my hand at the Chahoua x Crested next year. I want to hatch just one so I can have it as a pet. I like the way they look!!
    I HIGHLY appreciate the fact that you said you want to keep it as a pet!

Thanks

oh, this is extremely interesting! I would very much be interested in following this, so I hope you continue to update us. This kind of information would be extremely useful if the project that I summarized in my mock research proposal where to ever become a legitimate experiment. I suspect that the tail will not regrow due to the presence of the crested genes.

mock proposal here: http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32400

Thanks

Personally, I think that with the hybridization of the two species, there may be a chance that some may get the genetics to regenerate and some may not. I think that testing this one gecko would be inconclusive as this one could have the cresteds lack of regrowth, but the next one could have the Sara's tail regrowth genes.

To get a better idea, you would really have to test several geckos of varying genetic ratios. You may wind up producing a gecko that is mostly Sara but not regenerate, or get one that looks almost like a pure crested but can totally regrow the tail.