Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alfie just doesn't like me

In the place that is never warm (England!)
    Thanks

I've tried hand feeding him crickets but he tends to "miss" the cricket and bite my finger. If i get him still enough he'll sometimes just open his mouth wide open at me and i assume this is him not happy but i take it that he's just lazy and pop the cricket in anyway. Is this a bad thing to do?

He seems to have better days. Where he'll be fine and chill out. Found out he loooooves going under the running tap! I'll have the tap trickling a little and at a nice lukewarm temperature and hold him underneath he loves it! Never seen him so still! I originally did it cos he fell off a plant into his cgd trying to run away. So when he walked along the bottom he got his substrate stuck to him lol bless. So i gave him a little bath.

I always put crickets in a bowl so they cant escape but he can get to them and wont get a mouthful of substrate. To be honest he doesn't seem that interested in them that way though he'll only eat them hand fed.

He eats his cgd though.

Thanks

Mel-

Check out this thread. Others have had cresties who took more time to get used to being handled...you're not alone in this.

http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=29172

I've had them, too, and they take more patient approach sometimes.

I hope the tips offered in the thread help with Alfie.

I'm sure it's nothing person.

Welcome to your new addiction, and good luck with Alfie!!!
    Love and Light-
    Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle

In the place that is never warm (England!)
    Thanks

I read through that. It was really helpful actually gave me a few ideas.
    However when i put my hand near Alfie he goes crazy bouncing all around his viv. So i think if i tried to "goose" him onto my hand he would run in the opposite direction and i don't think it would be successful. I'll try the dabbing of cgd on his nose...if he lets me.

I got him out last night and he pood on me and did the wriggly tail thing again briefly. But I think that was because i held him up to my face because I was looking at the scales around his crests. As soon as i noticed his tail I took him away from my face but i didn't put him back.

I dont know. I'll try a few ideas from that other post and see how it goes

thanks for your help though everyone

Thanks

HAve you tried feeding him some CGD outside of his cage? I have some skittish critters I do this with to help them associate me with treats and food. It can help over time. Keep on being patient with him, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Is he a fairly young gecko? Can you get his weight in grams by chance? He may be at a young "teenage" phase depending.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas