Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried these cages?

Thanks

Default Has anyone tried these cages?

I like the dimensions of these, it will work well where I want to put it. But I was wondering what people had to say about them, good or bad?

Zilla Fresh Air Acrylic

Thanks for any feedback!
    Last edited by Charis; 12-10-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    Too many snakes! 20 species and counting. 1.2.plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.2 evil cats.
    Elemental Exotics Terms & Conditions

Thanks

Talking

I have two of them! I love the size for the price! It comes all flat, you must put it all together as well as pull off the protective plastic on each piece of acrylic.
    I had a few issues with keeping humidity in at different times of the year so I closed off the screen top with pieces of plexi-glass.
    I would recommend them for sure!!

Thanks

I've never used them. They seem nice, I would be wary of the acrylic getting scuffed up over time. But they've got a good price. I have plexi-glass windows on my cages and I haven't had any issues but did get a small scratch on the window due to carelessness on my part .

Thanks

The one thing I do remember having a tiny issue with was some of the screws did not tighten all the way up. Think if I had my husband muscle it would have gone in all the way. I put them together by myself.
    I think I have had mine for about a year now and have had no real issues. I have used the mushroom ledges that I got from Matt here on the forum and have not moved them around, so I can't say for sure if they will have scratched it or not.
    I have not found anything else that offers that size for that price. Let us know what you decide to do and what you think if you purchase them.

Thanks

is only the top screen? This is a pretty neat looking tank, great price too, if only the top is screen I will def get one of these for my p.kochi when she outgrows her exo
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

Very small section on the bottom front that is also screen. I have that covered with plexi-glass as well as both of mine are planted tanks. That price as awesome as well, as I paid ten dollars more per cage than this is advertised!

Thanks

Well I hate the idea of actually reaching down into her tank...err flightly gecko who hangs out at the top...yeah can we say "weee im freee!" I have been looking into other brands of tanks, like Marty Made (a guy from MI), but they are not even close to being a good buy.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlvr View Post
    Very small section on the bottom front that is also screen. I have that covered with plexi-glass as well as both of mine are planted tanks. That price as awesome as well, as I paid ten dollars more per cage than this is advertised!
    So that bottom front section is screen? It's hard to tell in the picture. There is a potting tray that you can buy that slides in & replaces that bottom front panel, I think. I didn't look at that piece too much, though. I really like that it's still pretty tall & long, but not so deep. Almost all the pieces of furniture I have that one could sit on is only somewhere between 15" to 17" deep. Some of the all screen cages, like the ones Matt sells, have better dimensions, but our house is usually quite dry & I think one of those would dry out too fast. Want to put this next viv in an old entertainment center we have in the office, in the space where a tv is supposed to go, it's fairly tall & long but only 16" deep & we don't want it to hang over. Thanks for all the replies!
    Last edited by Charis; 12-10-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spelling ...
    Too many snakes! 20 species and counting. 1.2.plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.2 evil cats.
    Elemental Exotics Terms & Conditions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charis View Post
    So that bottum front section is screen? It's hard to tell in the picture. There is a potting tray that you can buy that slides in & replaces that bottum front panel, I think. I didn't look at that piece too much, though. I really like that it's still pretty tall & long, but not so deep. Almost all the pieces of furniture I have that one could sit on is only somewhere between 15" to 17" deep. Some of the all screen cages, like the ones Matt sells, have better dimentions, but our house is usually quite dry & I think one of those would dry out too fast. Want to put this next viv in an old entertainment center we have in the office, in the space where a tv is supposed to go, it's fairly tall & long but only 16" deep & we don't want it to hang over. Thanks for all the replies!
    Yep, that bottom front section is screened as well. But it works just great to put a cut to fit piece of plexi-glass in there, sticks in just fine and then I put all my plants and stuff in there. I think the slide in tray is also screened, not sure though

Thanks

That's the cage I have and I like it alot. There might be some minor issues putting it together. Mine has an area where the plexi didn't lay flat, but it's flush against the bottom, so no chance of escape.

The top and the bottom of the front is screen, and the door is the larger part of the front. The latches might be a tad difficult to open at first, but they get better. I'm planning on getting more of these with any new animals I get.

Kim
    3.0.0 cats - Bowie, Sable and Calvin
    2.1.0 Cresties (Callie, Corbin and Dallas)

My Photography Blog