Thread: Leachianus Sexing Q

Default Leachianus Sexing Q

I was just wondering what size people generally wait to sex their leachies. I was also wondering, do females ever have pseudo pores? I have a little 8.9 gram baby and it appears to have pores already, so I'm just wondering if that means it is definitely a boy, or if I should wait to make my decision, lol. Thanks.
    Abigail McDufford
    Wallflower Herpetoculture / iHerp

Depending on the levels of magnification used for sexing and experience. I know of few people who can comfortably sex them in that 10 gram range.

Females definitely can have pseudo pores, so don't pencil it in as a male just yet. The males have very defined pores that fill the scale almost completely. I would suggest doing a bunch of searches on the various forums for some photo examples.
    -Charles Mullen
    I'm looking for really nice chahoua.

Quote Originally Posted by sushigex View Post
    Depending on the levels of magnification used for sexing and experience. I know of few people who can comfortably sex them in that 10 gram range.

Females definitely can have pseudo pores, so don't pencil it in as a male just yet. The males have very defined pores that fill the scale almost completely. I would suggest doing a bunch of searches on the various forums for some photo examples.
    It is the LED 30x loupe I just looked again, I can see what looks like 3-4 rows of pores. Some of the outer rows are fainter, but the middle rows look like pores to me. I tried to take some pics but this camera sucks way too much and I had no luck. It doesn't really matter honestly, I was just curious

What is the average growth rate of leachies, anyway? Mine is a R.l.henkeli BTW
    Abigail McDufford

From what I've heard growth varies between locales, r.l.henkeli definitely reach sexual maturity faster than ones from the mainland. Consumption on feeders will also play a factor as with any other rhac. My Nuu Ami's were about 50 grams at a year, but I have heard of faster growers than this.
    -Charles Mullen
    I'm looking for really nice chahoua.

If it is a henkeli cross it would probably grow a little faster due to genetic diversity. The nu ana x nu ami I have grew pretty fast...but I didn't really monitor anything back then. My gt cross definitly grew faster than my pure moro...way faster.
    Last edited by Earfarmer; 11-30-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks guys Mine is a Nuu Ana x Bayonnaise if that helps.
    Abigail McDufford