Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gecko Eye Problem, Have you seen this before?

Thanks

I am glad to hear she seems to be doing well! Do her eyes seem to be getting any better? Who is her cagemate? Can we see pics ?

2.7.13 Cresties Ozai Nix Gracie Ling Parula Midori Issabella Mischief Lydia
    Tango Gimp Avery Grasun Lyrica Gizmo Blaine Neva Skyler Sydney Rene Nico Rio
    0.1 Gargoyles Squishy*
    1.2 Leopards Sabastian Willow Allie
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming

GeckosandGiggles.com IHerp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1blesst1 View Post
    Our house is usually on the cool side....so, that is ok. The under tank heater doesn't have a regulator. Both geckos are in the same terrarium are seem to be doing well...except the eye shed issue! Pooping, peeing, getting around..hunting...resting... We have a temp and a humidity thermo in the tank. I actually think it is on the cool side...and we just followed the directions on the heater...it seemed so simple!
    thanks for your concern! I will check back in later!
    thanks!!!
    Just because your house is cold, it doesn't make it "ok." The heater is still getting over 100 degrees unregulated. You really need to get something to regulate that temp, and a decent light dimmer is about $12 at Target. I'd also HIGHLY suggest a digital thermometer with a probe to set on the mat itself. A temp gauge on the wall of the tank is not telling you how hot the floor is getting.

Believe me on this one... an unregulated heat mat is a surefire way to get a dehydrated gecko.
    12.15.4.5 Crested geckos; 1.1 Gargoyle geckos; 1.1 Leopard geckos; 1.1 Fat-tailed geckos; 2.0 Viper geckos; 1.0 male dwarf rabbit; lots of fish

Thanks

Wow, you would think they would mention that on the box of the heater...I will check into what you are saying.
    Thanks again.
    will post again with the vet's conclusion.

Thanks

will post pics soon!