Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .... FINALLY got a ball python :D

Thanks

Very cute snake Congrats! The only suggestion I would make is to switch from the lamp to an under tank heater. Lamps cause major humidity problems, especially in aquariums. I'd go with a UTH that will fit under approx. 1/3 of the enclosure. It should be 88-90F on that side and 78-82F on the cool side. Your temps should not fall below 75F though.

I personally don't like aquariums for snakes, but they can work. Tubs are better though because they hold humidity and heat well. They aren't good displays though, lol. Good luck with your little guy!
    Abigail McDufford
    Wallflower Herpetoculture / iHerp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abi21491 View Post
    Very cute snake Congrats! The only suggestion I would make is to switch from the lamp to an under tank heater. Lamps cause major humidity problems, especially in aquariums. I'd go with a UTH that will fit under approx. 1/3 of the enclosure. It should be 88-90F on that side and 78-82F on the cool side. Your temps should not fall below 75F though.

I personally don't like aquariums for snakes, but they can work. Tubs are better though because they hold humidity and heat well. They aren't good displays though, lol. Good luck with your little guy!
    Ahh.. Yeah, I know how to take care of snakes.. There is an UTH on a thermostat. Temps are 90 hot side 80 cool side.The lights are 15watts each. only for light. the white light turns off at night. the red one stays on. she has a humid hide and has shed perfectly for me 6 times already. Thanks for the suggestions but it's all good. XD

The point of the tank is to display her at night, when i'm usually awake. Tubs take ALL the fun out of that.
    Andrea
    ebutuoy
    1.0 panther chameleon (Furcifer pardalis) Fry
    0.1 ball python (Python regius) Ruca
    3.2.1 crested geckos (Rhacodactylus ciliatus) Blarg, Ruby, Smokey, Sheila, Charizard & Turanga
    and four wonderful dogs. -> <-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatedornot View Post
    Ahh.. Yeah, I know how to take care of snakes.. There is an UTH on a thermostat. Temps are 90 hot side 80 cool side.The lights are 15watts each. only for light. the white light turns off at night. the red one stays on. she has a humid hide and has shed perfectly for me 6 times already. Thanks for the suggestions but it's all good. XD

The point of the tank is to display her at night, when i'm usually awake. Tubs take ALL the fun out of that.
    Ahh cool Wasn't trying to offend or anything, just letting you know! That's good to hear. She is really gorgeous BTW Definitely keep posting pics of her progression!
    Abigail McDufford

Thanks

No, no offense! I'm happy you are trying to help That's what forums are for. If I were doing something wrong I would want someone to say something, wouldn't you?

And Thank you! She's a beautiful normal. I'll post her progression as we reach those milestones. Right now she's creeping at a constant 300 grams. (98 grams when I got her)
    Andrea
    ebutuoy
    1.0 panther chameleon (Furcifer pardalis) Fry
    0.1 ball python (Python regius) Ruca
    3.2.1 crested geckos (Rhacodactylus ciliatus) Blarg, Ruby, Smokey, Sheila, Charizard & Turanga
    and four wonderful dogs. -> <-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatedornot View Post
    No, no offense! I'm happy you are trying to help That's what forums are for. If I were doing something wrong I would want someone to say something, wouldn't you?

And Thank you! She's a beautiful normal. I'll post her progression as we reach those milestones. Right now she's creeping at a constant 300 grams. (98 grams when I got her)
    Definitely I have my own forum now so I'm always trying to help, lol.

She has really nice contrast. I'd like to pick up a few more normal girls but I want girls who are exceptional... If I saw your girl at a pet shop or a show I'd have to snatch her. lol. It is so fun watching them grow isn't it? I still have my first Ball Python... I got him 10 years ago at Jack's Aquarium. He is the biggest male ball python I've ever heard of... 60+" and over 2500 grams. My parents got some old film developed recently and found pics I had taken of baby Randal, I was sooo excited to see him as a baby again. Boy was I a rookie back then!
    Abigail McDufford