Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .... FINALLY got a ball python :D

Thanks

Default .... FINALLY got a ball python :D

I work at a lil' mom and pop petshop. I work with puppies and the reptiles. (only 8 people work there so I'm in charge of the herps lol) I've raised plenty of snakes up there, but this is MY first actual snake. (been fighting my mom on this on for who knows how long) It's about 14 -15 inches I think.

What do you think of it's tank? Any tips or suggestions?

It has a pretty striped formation on its neck and tail. Pretty sure it's just a normal. I've never probed for sex, despite how long i've worked with these guys, i'm scared to.

Help me name it!
    Andrea
    ebutuoy
    1.0 panther chameleon (Furcifer pardalis) Fry
    0.1 ball python (Python regius) Ruca
    3.2.1 crested geckos (Rhacodactylus ciliatus) Blarg, Ruby, Smokey, Sheila, Charizard & Turanga
    and four wonderful dogs. -> <-

Thanks

Beautiful and very nice set up. Congrats!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

oooooh what a pretty snake, and I love the setup. I dont know enough about snakes but the setup is very pretty
    2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
    1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
    1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca

Thanks

Congratulations!! Beautiful shiny ball..... Love the tank!!! I just love to hold and visit them....

My daughter is going to be so jealous!!! She wants one so bad....but unless they can eat only bugs or MRP for their lifetime....I just cannot do it!!! I love little mice, gerbils, and rats.... I would be in mourning all the time!!!!

If you can name a vegetarian snake, that stays under 2 feet, with simple care requirements, I'll take it...hehe!!! Christmas is coming!!!!

Congrats, again, lucky!!!!
    5.7.1 Crested Gecko
    2.0 Leopard Gecko

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Refused Autopsy View Post
    Congratulations!! Beautiful shiny ball..... Love the tank!!! I just love to hold and visit them....

My daughter is going to be so jealous!!! She wants one so bad....but unless they can eat only bugs or MRP for their lifetime....I just cannot do it!!! I love little mice, gerbils, and rats.... I would be in mourning all the time!!!!

If you can name a vegetarian snake, that stays under 2 feet, with simple care requirements, I'll take it...hehe!!! Christmas is coming!!!!

Get her a rough green snake! Those guys are awesome and eat crickets!
    Monica Elrod
    JM Geckos & Exotics
    Greenville, SC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMExotics View Post
    Get her a rough green snake! Those guys are awesome and eat crickets!
    Off to google, now...you rock!!!!!!

sorry for the hijack.....
    5.7.1 Crested Gecko
    2.0 Leopard Gecko

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Refused Autopsy View Post

Ahaha, I know how you feel. I'm just over it. I have a pet hamster named Ginger. Her cages is like 4 feet from the snakes LOL.

I'm happy with my new addition though. Still can't think of a name.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I've wanted a snake since I've been breathing.
    Andrea
    ebutuoy
    3.2.1 crested geckos (Rhacodactylus ciliatus) Blarg, Ruby, Smokey, Sheila, Charizard & Turanga

Thanks

Lovely snake and beautiful tank! i think my ball is jealous of that setup! my girlie is going to be a year on halloween and her name is Prada. ill have to add a few pics of her soon. she is just a regular ball python. im sure you will find a name that will suit him/her. congrats on the new addition!!!
    Stacy
    Gucci the Hairless Chinese Crested & Baldwin the Sphynx Cat

Thanks

Thank you so much! Prada is an awesome name for a snake.

My baby took its first meal at home, and I wanted to share.

Here's a nice size reference. BTW my hands are huge.

I fed him a baby from work that was in between a hopper and a fuzzy.

nice size lump??

afterwards he retreated back to his hide. I'm happy it ate well. It's only its second night here..
    I knew it probably would though. We got them from a great local breeder and they ate the first night up at the shop too.

Thanks for looking!
    Andrea
    ebutuoy

Thanks

Great lookin baby! Very nice setup. You have an awesome Mom! Growing up my mom was scared of everything! I couldnt even have a guinea pig! It was strictly dogs, cats or birds (it took me a year of begging to get a parkeet). Me being a total animal fanatic, completley rebelled and now have 70 to 80? snakes, lizards, and geckos. I havent counted lately... Congrats!:cute2: