Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoo Med Cages / Accessories

Thanks

Default Zoo Med Cages / Accessories

Hey I just wanted to get an idea of how many people here use the glass Zoo Med Terrariums, and get some feedback on what size you use and how well you like the product. I am picking up the Zoo Med line of products and would like to know what products you guys use, and more importantly which products you guys really like. Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers!

Thanks

I dont have any of the tanks, although I do like them and will at some point in time get one. I do use alot of their products and I have been happy with them.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

I won one of there tanks at Tinley and I like it a lot better than the Exo-Terra tank I purchased (both 12x12x18). It's easier to get the top off of it and the front door is one piece of glass, rather than two that meet in the middle, making viewing a lot nicer. Plus I like the cork bark backgrounds a LOT better than the styrofoam stuff Ext-Terra tanks come with.

I have had no issues with the light hood or any of the other materials that came with it either.
    - Levi

1.2.5 Crested Geckos (Fidget, Sprinkles, Midget, Foxy, Chili, Skittles, Poppler, and Perdie)
    0.0.1 gargoyle (Pickles)

Thanks

I have a bank of zoomed 12x12x18 terrariums and 1 exo-terra, bought used. They all work great, I have to say the latch is a little difficult and prone to breaking but zoomeds sends you replacements. I have to say I am partial to exo-terra because ease of opening and I know its latched. I have a few of the zoomeds pop open when the door was pressed all the way closed, but it didn't latch quite right.

I also have a hoods for the zoomed and exo-terra(came with 2 I bought). I like the exo-terra a bit more because it clips into place instead of just sitting there.

All and all they are great but I have since changed to 10's on theirs sides and honestly they work just as well if not better. Also the price is nice $15 compared to $70.

One big down side to both of them is crickets can escape through the holes in the back. I put the clips in there that are supposed to close them but the little crickets can still fit through.

Just my .02
    JR

Thanks

I have...
    4 of the 18x18x24 ZooMeds
    2 of the 18x18x18 ZooMeds
    20 of the 12x12x18 ZooMeds

Along with those ZooMed cages, I have a lot of the CORK bark backgrounds, which are GREAT!! SO MUCH better then the cheap product that ExoTerra put out. I threw those away that I had, since they were so ugly and cheaply made.

The ZooMed cages are WAY better (to me) then the Exo Terras, since I LOVE having just one front door, which is so much nicer for viewing and opening! The tops do open much better then the Exo Terras as well. I would (personally) only give Exo Terra brand products a 4 out of 10 stars, and I would give ZooMed a 9 out of 10 stars.
    I have had only ONE latch break on me, after ONE years worth of opening and closing... which was on my FAVE chahoua pair, which that door gets opened A LOT! So, out of 26 cages, and only one latch that broke, I would think that was doing pretty great!

The hoods that I have seen for ZooMed look super nice, but I do not use them since I use no lights at all. (I don't have a need for them).

The prices are cheaper for the ZooMed products, and yet the quality of what you get is so much better! (IMO)

I do hope that you carry ZooMed line products, and I'll be buying them from you!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie
    1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
    1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
    1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Thanks

As for the products that I love:

Cork Tile Background ~~ LOVE IT!! Very nice and hardy for all the critters to climb on it, without tearing it up!

The plants & flowers ~~ I believe I have at least one of each that I have inside my Rhacs homes. I LOVE them!! EASY to wash, do not mold, and very durable. I even use them for my 60+ gram chahoua.

Habba Huts ~~ LOVE them, easy to clean, never mold, and I have been using mine for over a year and a half now! Each chahoua has his/her own Habba Hut, and I use a few for the cresteds too.

EcoEarth ~~ Use that for all my chahouas substrate and for the cresteds lay boxes. Never have had a problem with it!! Never had any bugs in it!

ReptiBark ~~ Use it for the chahouas as well... I mix it in with the EcoEarth.

MotoMister ~~ Have used it for the last year and a half as well... LOVE IT!!! Each one lasts with HEAVY NIGHTLY misting for about one year, before the motor goes out in it. Batteries last a long time, IMO, since I mist very heavy using only the MotoMister each night on 40 cages.

Wow... I'm sure there are more products that I use, but can't think of them at the moment... but I do love ZooMed, and wouldn't change to another brand at all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie

Thanks

Have to agree with Renzema. If I knew the latch on the doors of the 3 zoo meds I own would break, I would've bought exoterra in the first place. Bummer because the single front door rather than the 2 doors is the nicer side of zoomed compared to exo-terra. I am however satisfied with their Wipe-out 1 & 2 terrarium cleaner/disinfectant as well as the cocofiber bricks. That's about all I use from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently breeding Crested Geckos.
    Interested in Red Flame/Harlequins and Super Dalmations.
    Iherp.com profilehttp://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser...7-4c17134cb741

Thanks

To be honest i've never used a zoo med product other than heat bulbs for my larger creatures. I've always been an exo-terra fan when it came to any other prodect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrestedCeckos View Post
    Have to agree with Renzema. If I knew the latch on the doors of the 3 zoo meds I own would break, I would've bought exoterra in the first place. Bummer because the single front door rather than the 2 doors is the nicer side of zoomed compared to exo-terra. I am however satisfied with their Wipe-out 1 & 2 terrarium cleaner/disinfectant as well as the cocofiber bricks. That's about all I use from them.
    ZooMed latches do not break frequently... and if you contact ZooMed, they replace the latch for free. It's very easy to assemble too, and only takes one screw driver.

To me, that is worth having just the single door, for better viewing and safety of not having to worry about two doors pinching tails/toes in case the geckos are coming to the front of the cages, like all my chahouas do. But my cresteds do not come to the front when the cage is opened, so maybe most of you don't have that problem. My chahouas come right to the front each time the doors are open, and then I have to place them towards the back of the cage before I can close the door.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie

Thanks

I have 10 tanks all 12x12x18. Fantastic imo. I will continue to buy them in the future too. I have not had any latches break ether.

I would buy them from Pangea too if the price stays competitive to where I get them now.