Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dubia colony info

Thanks

yeah, I move the roaches into a 10g tub I use for temporary housing then I dump the tub and wipe with water.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

Oh ok that makes sense.Than you!

Thanks

one thing about the water crystals. Yes as said above, bacteria dose tend to grow in them. Any place that water or moisture will be this will happen. The reason I personly like the water crystals is you know its getting bad. It changes color. Once they are not crystal clear they have bacteria growth starting. Water dishes, cricket savers and sponges do not do this. In winter growth is slower. Less time changing water and dishes when you know if or if not its going bad with a glance. And you can just mist or pour water on the crystals to refill, not remove and wash.
    I totally agree with this point Sarah has made. Additionally a small bowl containing the crystals will elevate humidity while keeping the rest of the bin dry. A lot of the problems people have with roach and especially cricket bins is the bin getting wet and creating mold/etc. I keep my dry roach food and cyrstals in a dual partitioned dog food bowl. Even the smallest nymphs enter and exit without accruing any casualties.
    -Charles Mullen
    I'm looking for really nice chahoua.

Thanks

yeah we use reptile bowls that are fairly shallow for the fry food and for fruit/veggie treats for them so that they can climn in and out without making a huge mess of dry food on the floor.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

Hmmmm I like the dog food bowl idea im going that route with sarahs chow and cotten balls...

How fast do these guys grow??

I got a tub and im going ot use heat tape for the bottom on one side and food and water bowl on the other.
    On the heated side I will have a 3 layer egg crate hotel.

Sarah do you mix equal amounts of those ingrediants for your chow?
    STEVEN

Thanks

Some more questions:
    Is a 10 tank big enough for 125 small dubia and six adults?
    Do I need to separate the nymphs from adults or will they co-exist fine together?
    If I'm not home when my roaches arrive will they be fine outside my door for a couple hours?Temps here are in the 70s

Thanks

I had my one batch of roaches delivered when it was about 40 degrees outside. The lovely post office put it on my back porch and i did not go out there until walking the dogs about 4 hours later. None were moving, I assumed they were dead, but I put them in their tub and they all started moving around and not one of them died!
    You do not have to keep small ones apart from big ones. What I do is about one time a month maybe a bit more often is go through my big tub, take out all the smaller ones that are of a size that my geckos can eat and put them in a smaller container with food and water source. Making it much easier to feed my geckos each week. When that smaller container runs a bit low, I just go get some more! I love having these roaches!!

Thanks

Great!Thanks for the advice dragonlvr!