Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dubia colony info

Thanks

Default Dubia colony info

Im thinking of starting a dubia colony.....Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can get started or where to get what I need. I got the tub and I know I need some egg cartons but is there anything else? Ive read some care sheets but just curious as to what you think? Thanks!
    STEVEN

Thanks

Some heat helps them breed a lot faster. Once I put heat on my dubias, they produced babies for me. =) I use an under tank heater pad. My guys love CGD, powered form or mixed. Oh, and mist them like once a day. But, make sure they don't get moldy food.
    3.6.3 R. ciliatus; 0.1 R. leachianus; 1.1.1 G. gecko; 1.0 G. ulikovskii
    0.1 Heterodon nasicus
    1.1 Eumeces schneideri; 0.0.3 Bombina orientalis; 0.0.2 Archispirostreptus gigas

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks! I had already read the other link but im really more interested as to where I could find the dubias for purchase. Ive found a few but just wondering if there is possibly a better place or cheaper.

I got a tub and a heater I just need some cartons and roaches.
    STEVEN

Thanks

If I still had my colony I would have just gave you some to start with since your in socal. But it seems like this guy has the best prices http://theroachguy.com/ Also if your willing to drive superior enterpraises sells egg cartons for cheap I think $17 for a 70 pack.

Thanks

I ordered mine from BigAppleHerp last night...I needed to do the same thing you are
    nowai!
    |1.0.1 Veiled Cham~2.2.2 Cresties ~0.0.1 Garg ~ 1.2.1 Green Tree Python~ 1.2 Boa Constrictor~ 1.1 Retics~|
    0.1 Deaf Great Dane
    yuswai!
    Arboreal Creations

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks guys....thats exactly what I needed!
    STEVEN

Thanks

Make sure when you get them that you get diffrent sized ones. Get like 100 nymphs and how ever many adult you can afford. That way you have all life cycles living together and can feed off when you need to while your colony is still growing. You can always post a wanted ad here on the forum sometimes people have really good deals. I got 200 breeding pairs for $40 shipped off of an x-member.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiedyegecko View Post
    Make sure when you get them that you get diffrent sized ones. Get like 100 nymphs and how ever many adult you can afford. That way you have all life cycles living together and can feed off when you need to while your colony is still growing. You can always post a wanted ad here on the forum sometimes people have really good deals. I got 200 breeding pairs for $40 shipped off of an x-member.
    For sure I was thinking the same thing. Im gonna try the pasadena show and see if I cant find someone there.
    STEVEN

Thanks

I also get mine form the roach guy and he has been great. He usually has some sort of special each month as well.

Don't bother buying egg flats. Just go down to a grocery store and ask them for some egg flats and they will usually have some for you. My local Cub foods has their own brand of eggs they sell and they are shipped in 30 count flats and then put into the dozen containers, so they have the flats they just toss out.
    - Levi

1.2.5 Crested Geckos (Fidget, Sprinkles, Midget, Foxy, Chili, Skittles, Poppler, and Perdie)
    0.0.1 gargoyle (Pickles)