Thread: My ETHS Pickup (DUW)

Thanks

Default My ETHS Pickup (DUW)

The 1 table other than Eric's that had Cresties didn't have anything I wanted, but I did get a pair of Lygodactylus williamsi.

The Male

The Female. She was super bright at the show, but she was dark by the time I got home.

New home

My friend Charlie was there with another big Herp photographer (Paul is there every year) taking photos of various people's animals on rocks and branches set up between the tables. He took a bunch of my new pair and some of me and the male looking right at each other. I LOVE their cameras!

19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

Nice! I am actually thinking of getting some Lygodactylus Williamsi for one of the zoo-med tanks I won in the raffles at Tinley. They are gorgeous!

What size is their enclosure? Would a 12x12x18 be big enough for a pair?

Thanks and awesome geckos!
    - Levi

1.2.5 Crested Geckos (Fidget, Sprinkles, Midget, Foxy, Chili, Skittles, Poppler, and Perdie)
    0.0.1 gargoyle (Pickles)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Madtown Cresties View Post
    Nice! I am actually thinking of getting some Lygodactylus Williamsi for one of the zoo-med tanks I won in the raffles at Tinley. They are gorgeous!

What size is their enclosure? Would a 12x12x18 be big enough for a pair?

Thanks and awesome geckos!
    The tank I got for mine is 6" long, 6" wide, and 11" tall. They stay so tiny that they don't need much.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider

Thanks

They are beautiful!! Congrats!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

Awesome! I think I am definitely going to have to pick some up. They are at a local reptile shop too, so I can avoid shipping.

What is your main food source for them? Wingless fruit flies or do you do something else? Do they eat CGD as well?

Thanks for all your help. It's hard to find answers to these questions unless you know someone who has them Personal experiences are always best.
    - Levi

1.2.5 Crested Geckos (Fidget, Sprinkles, Midget, Foxy, Chili, Skittles, Poppler, and Perdie)
    0.0.1 gargoyle (Pickles)

Thanks

they are stunning! i love the color on the male!
    0.1.0 Crested Gecko (Beowulf)
    1.1.0 Gargoyle Geckos (Craven and Poe)
    0.1.0 Cat (Natalie)

Thanks

Awesome! I think I am definitely going to have to pick some up. They are at a local reptile shop too, so I can avoid shipping.

What is your main food source for them? Wingless fruit flies or do you do something else? Do they eat CGD as well?

Thanks for all your help. It's hard to find answers to these questions unless you know someone who has them Personal experiences are always best.
    I'm going to get pinhead crickets because I've never had good experience with flightless fruit flies. Regardless of label, they are never flightless! I'm also going to see how tiny my roach nymphs are, but I'm rather certain they will be too big.

The female loved the Mango CGD I offered. The male ate some, but not nearly as much as the girl.

Funny thing too, everyone was so paranoid while we were photographing them because they all said they would run off. These two seemed to enjoy the handling! The female crawled around a lot and and male just kept stretching out across my hand. Even a few hours later when I got them home. They even sat real nice on my gram scale without a container.

Thanks

Yeah I thought for sure when I went to tinley I wasnt bringing home anything but rhacs and a leo, ended up bringing home a p. kochi and I am so smitten with her she is so tiny still, but will obviously get much larger. Its so nice having something awake in the day other then my beardie!
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kita View Post
    The tank I got for mine is 6" long, 6" wide, and 11" tall. They stay so tiny that they don't need much.
    Nice looking pair. Some heavy feeding and watering will get them into breeding shape.

On that note, Lygodactylus are typically aggressive little beasts. While they are small, they do make use of space. The tank you describe is about a 1/3 of the size I'd recommend. I'd give a pair at least a 10 gallon. They seem to settle better into tanks with live plants, branches and a piece or two of bamboo. Additionally, they need a basking spot in the 90's and an overall tank temperature in the mid to low 70's. You just can't provide enough gradient in a tank that small. Btw, I have been keeping this species for nearly a year...

Although they are small (as all Lygodactylus are relatively), they have healthy appetites. Feeding them a staple of fruit flies is a dangerous game. They will likely be expending more energy trying to catch their prey then they get from them. 1/4" crickets are perfect for these guys. And yes they eat CGD with gusto (though I wouldn't use that as a staple) and will take strawberry yogurt that is fortified with calcium and vitamins.
    -Harold
    CC Herps http://www.ccherps.com

Coming soon...

www.versatilevivariums.com