Thread: Crickets...

Thanks

Default Crickets...

I have tried feeding my garg and my crested by dropping crickets into the cage. Days later I'm still pulling out crickets that managed to hide. I don't know that they have ate any crickets and I hadn't ever put more in since I am afraid of the crickets going after the geckos. How do yall do it? They have been eating small portions of Clarks.

Thanks

Thanks

personally i have never seen crix go after my gecko's. and my gargs have never eaten crix that y there is a special clarks garg diet as this seems to be widespread. with the cresteds count how many u throw in and check em a day or two later.

Thanks

If you have specific cresteds you are worried about (uncoordinated hunters!), or want to ensure they are eating, you can use tongs or hemostats to hold crickets right in front of them. Mine will usually eat any cricket offered this way...

When I dump crickets into the cage, I usually wait until night and then mist the cage to wake everyone up. That way the geckos are active and the crix have less time to hide or rub off their vitamin coats.

--John
    3.8.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    3.8.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua 'Pine Isle'
    1 Big Dumb Yellow Lab

Jasper Sailfin Geckos on facebook

Thanks

Niether of my geckos seem to really want to move if they see me in the room. I don't know if they move when I'm gone as they're usually around the same place. I've been feeding the clarks gargoyle gecko diet to both of them and they are both full grown.