Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: cigarette ban

Thanks

Default cigarette ban

ok so here in new york flavored cigarettes have just recently been banned. the legislation goes into effect tomorrow. curious to hear what you all think of this. im very torn. on the one hand, i feel it is a serious violations of my right to do whatever the fuck i want (i smoke cloves for the record). on the other hand, one has to recognize society's rights to protect itself from things like cancer and ill health.

whether or not i decide that i find it justifiable, ill still be FUCKING PISSED if i cant get my fucking cigarettes
    i am the type of playa that hollas cause i wanna.

Thanks

I'm pretty much against the banning of ANYTHING.

Thanks

I think we should ban cigarettes all together!!

Then... you...and my mother and sisters and father and aunts and uncles.....will not have the right to freely give yourselves cancer at all! Maybe if you wanted to kill yourself slowly, you could try to contract a different disease or illness that's just as fun as cancer! Have a cut? Rub on the cut of someone with a blood illness! Fun!

I also think as lame as cigarettes are... clove cigarettes are even lamer!

No offense to any of you. Simply my opinion....and my hope and dream that my collective family will quit smoking so I can have them around longer.

Thanks

THank friggin GODS. I loathe cigarette smoke.
    To me, its as offensive as vomiting in someone's mouth to have to breathe that stuff. Only non and ex-smokers can attest to how bad it really does smell.

Also, watching people you love die of cancer isn't to much fun either. . .
    Sorry to rain on any smokers' parades, but I just find it to be one of the most offensive habits there are. I'd rather smell someone's fart than their cigarettes. At least farts are organic!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

I also hate cigs, but I feel that if people want them they should have them, but maybe not in public places, again JMO
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

If I could snap my fingers and make every cigarette disappear, I would!
    If people enjoy killing themselves without harming others then good for them, but 2nd-hand cigarette smoke harms and kills the innocent people who get stuck breathing in your bad habits. My mom's cancer was due to 2nd hand smoke. She never smoked a day in her life, but was often around people who did So, I am VERY VERY VERY against smoking.
    I will never understand why people think it is so cool, or such a big deal to defend, the idea of a smelly paper thing in their mouth that causes disease.
    ~www.CrestieCafe.com~
    4.4.10 Crested Geckos (Deku, Charmander, Zebes, Scampi, Gemron, Mocha, Tiramisu, Chozo, & the hatchlings)
    Eggs currently in incubation: 8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoVixen79 View Post
    If I could snap my fingers and make every cigarette disappear, I would!
    If people enjoy killing themselves without harming others then good for them, but 2nd-hand cigarette smoke harms and kills the innocent people who get stuck breathing in your bad habits. My mom's cancer was due to 2nd hand smoke. She never smoked a day in her life, but was often around people who did So, I am VERY VERY VERY against smoking.
    I will never understand why people think it is so cool, or such a big deal to defend, the idea of a smelly paper thing in their mouth that causes disease.
    THANK YOU (sorry ran out of thanks!) NO ONE should have to go through that because of someone else's stupid habits!
    Monica Elrod
    JM Geckos & Exotics
    Greenville, SC

Thanks

haha you guys are funny. i am sorry but i must agree cig smoke is gross. and they should ban it. i hate seeing my dad smoke himself to death! he is so unhealthy it's gross.
    0.2.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus Pebbles & Radar
    0.0.1 T roborowskii
    0.3 Lepidodactylus lugubris lucy, lucy, lucy
    0.1 weiner dog(Phoebe)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    I think we should ban cigarettes all together!!

Then... you...and my mother and sisters and father and aunts and uncles.....will not have the right to freely give yourselves cancer at all! Maybe if you wanted to kill yourself slowly, you could try to contract a different disease or illness that's just as fun as cancer! Have a cut? Rub on the cut of someone with a blood illness! Fun!

I also think as lame as cigarettes are... clove cigarettes are even lamer!

No offense to any of you. Simply my opinion....and my hope and dream that my collective family will quit smoking so I can have them around longer.
    if you dont mean to be offensive, then maybe you shouldnt be, so, um... offensive?
    its really annoying how non smokers think that they have the right to crap all over you just because you smoke.

i guess i kind of expected more of a conversation about the conflicting imperatives of the individual versus society.
    i am the type of playa that hollas cause i wanna.

Thanks

While I agree that cigarettes are gross and they have never appealed to me, I think it would be infringing on people's rights to make it illegal to smoke. Now, to make it illegal to smoke inside enclosed public places would be more reasonable. But if it is in your own home/property or outdoors, that is your business. I think it's messed up and adults should be able to make their own decisions about what they want to do. If they want to give themselves cancer, that is their own business. I know it sucks to lose friends and family due to smoking, but they shouldn't have to stop doing it just because it bothers you. If your action is physically hurting other people (like forcing them to breathe in second hand smoke), then it is reasonable to ban it. But if you are outside or in/on your own property, you should have the right to do whatever the hell you want.