Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody care to share?

Thanks

Default Anybody care to share?

Anyone care to share their homemade roach diets? I've just been curious as to what you professionals like to feed I use "Flock Raisers" from Purina mills. I think it's pretty good or at least better than dog food/cat food. Here's what's in it:
    Protein, not less than 20.0%
    Lysine, not less than 0.95%
    Methionine, not less than 0.35%
    Fat, not less than 3.5%
    Fiber, not more than 5.0%
    Calcium, not less than 0.8%
    Calcium, not more than 1.3%
    Phosphorus, not less than 0.7%
    Salt, not less than 0.35%
    Salt, not more than 0.85%
    Vitamin A 7,000 IU/lb
    Vitamin E 14 IU/lb

The Calcium/Phosphorus ratio is something like 2:1. (I think)
    Well, this is what I use for my dubia roaches along with fresh fruits every weekend and leftover CGD. I also dust with cal/vitd3 when feeding them to my cresties. Just thought I'd share this with you guys. Does anyone use chicken/poultry feed for their roaches? Thanks in advance for sharing!
    -Johnny
    Johnny C

Way to many to list

Thanks

yes please share people...lol I have some seriously picky dubias. I usually feed them CGD, they refuse to eat my dogs food...lol they would eat my boyfriends parents cheap ass cat food but not premium dog food..lol They dont seem to like any of the fruit I give them. I am considering giving them some Lafabers Critical Care Omnivour diet from the vets office, its a really healthy diet, pretty much make it like CGD
    Protein (min) 18.50%
    Fat (min) 5.00%
    Fiber (max) 1.00%
    Moisture (max) 10.50%

Or if we still have ti I was thinking of getting Mazuri Omnivour from the office, I know we have the carni diet and herb diet, not sure if we have omnivour though which that has, I think they quit making omnvour....err idk lol
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

haha that sucks because my dubias literally eat anything. I sweep through CGD like it's nothing and they love the chicken feed I give them. I did notice though that they don't seem to like certain fruits. Weird sometimes.
    Johnny C

Way to many to list

Thanks

Mine love apples and carrots, I only ever feed organic fruits and veg. (no pesticides for my insects!) Of course, they get left over CGD and Lorikeet mix, as well as high quality dog food. My Turkistans eat the dogfood better than the Dubias, the Dubies seem to prefer veggie matter.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

Thanks for the input guys.
    Johnny C

Way to many to list

Thanks

I have tried apples, pineapple, banana, cantaloupe and they dont like it. I do know when they lved at James' parents house they would eat tomato but we dont ever buy them here. They do like banana baby food though. They will also eat the flukers orange cube. Oh and they dont like hermit crab food nor betta fish food..lol I have tried alot.
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

lol, it seems like you have. Thanks, I can at least benefit from your trial and errors.
    Johnny C

Way to many to list

Thanks

The mix I have been using for a couple of years now is the following... I mix about about 50% dry dog food and 50% chicken laying mash (non-medicated) and add a few scoops of powdered baby formula. I put it all in a blender and grind it until it makes a fine powder. The baby formula can be pricey, but I had a few containers that were sent free after my son was no longer using formula.

They also eat up leftover CGD and get a pretty steady supply of fruit and vegetable matter as well.

Gary
    Gary Hamann
    Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

Thanks

I must just have not fruit eating dubias...lol They do like oatmeal though. I am wondering if wheat germ would work for them. Or I wonder if they would eat bee pollen.
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

haha that's weird Melissa, I would think that most or all dubias love fruits. Picky insects eh? I say try bee pollen, I know a couple breeders who use it.
    Johnny C

Way to many to list