Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crickets Only???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireCrested1990 View Post
    Oh really? you don't have to dust crickets if you only feed them once a week with regularly every night feeding of Repashy CGD? I don't feed the CGD on the night I feed the crickets.
    you should dust them, but with a calcium *without* d3. The CGD has all the d3 they need.

Also, eight ounces, or eight POUNDS? Eight pounds would keep an army of geckos in food for a year! The small bottles petsmart/petco carry last the average owner of one crestie a good two months, and they're just a couple ounces! Freeze 95% of it if you really got eight pounds!! It keeps far longer frozen.
    14th Street Geckos

Currently working with: crested geckos, gargoyle geckos; Gonatodes albogularis; leopard geckos, pictus geckos; Kenyan Sand Boas

Thanks

Ya, I said 8 pounds, lol, does it get bad? it doesn't say anything like that on the package?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireCrested1990 View Post
    Ya, I said 8 pounds, lol, does it get bad? it doesn't say anything like that on the package?
    I believe the average shelf life is eight months or so kept at room temperature, a year and a half or so frozen. Generally, as long as it smells good and the texture and color are the same, it's OK. When it goes bad, it smells REALLY rancid and usually gets really dark and clumpy.
    14th Street Geckos

Currently working with: crested geckos, gargoyle geckos; Gonatodes albogularis; leopard geckos, pictus geckos; Kenyan Sand Boas

Thanks

Next time don't order so much. I have 12 adult geckos not to mention a crap ton of hatchling comming in and out and I don't even go threw a whole 8 pound bag of food.