Thread: House Gecko Question!

Thanks

Default House Gecko Question!

Hi guys, I saw some adorable house geckos for sale at a pet store around here that look really healthy. I only keep Rhacs, so I was wondering will these guys eat the CGD? I know some other species of geckos eat it so I figured it might be possible. Please share any experiences or opinions you may have! Thanks!
    Abigail McDufford
    Wallflower Herpetoculture / iHerp

Thanks

I've offered it to a house gecko before with mixed results, he ate it a few times, then decided to completely ignore it after that, so the least you can do is try
    1 man dreamed of becoming, another awoke and became

7.10.7.11 crested geckos
    0.1 gargoyle gecko (fry)
    1.0 leopard gecko (lucky)
    0.1 (I think) ocelated skink (slinky)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saint View Post
    I've offered it to a house gecko before with mixed results, he ate it a few times, then decided to completely ignore it after that, so the least you can do is try
    Thanks, I've posted this question here and on another gecko forum and you're the only person who has responded, I appreciate it! I ended up getting one, and put some CGD in with him... He started looking around like crazy and licking the air like the cresteds do... I took that as a good sign. Will just have to see if he finds it and likes it. Thanks again.
    Abigail McDufford

Thanks

house geckos are one of my favorites and I think fairly under rated. I've been told they can spontaniously change sex if you have say only males or females, some will change so they can breed. the ones I've had have all lived 2-3 years, I assume they are wild caught (not sure how many people out there have a house gecko breeding project going on purpose). they'll eat most anything that moves, any worm cricket or roach. don't handle them alot because they are fairly delicate and faster than lightning. if you house a bunch together they'll chirp to each other at night when the lights are off.

hope you enjoy your new pet
    1 man dreamed of becoming, another awoke and became

7.10.7.11 crested geckos
    0.1 gargoyle gecko (fry)
    1.0 leopard gecko (lucky)
    0.1 (I think) ocelated skink (slinky)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saint View Post
    house geckos are one of my favorites and I think fairly under rated. I've been told they can spontaniously change sex if you have say only males or females, some will change so they can breed. the ones I've had have all lived 2-3 years, I assume they are wild caught (not sure how many people out there have a house gecko breeding project going on purpose). they'll eat most anything that moves, any worm cricket or roach. don't handle them alot because they are fairly delicate and faster than lightning. if you house a bunch together they'll chirp to each other at night when the lights are off.

hope you enjoy your new pet
    They are very cute and interesting, I'm surprised more people don't have them. I think I might get a few more, but not sure yet. That's pretty cool that they may be able to change sex too. The one I bought was the biggest they had, so I'm assuming it is an older adult. Yea, they are fast! I just got him out to snap a few pics, but other than that no handling. That's what my Rhacs are for, lol.

Thanks
    Abigail McDufford