Thread: Not Eating

Thanks

Default Not Eating

Hey, I just got a new crested gecko and had it for about a week. I've tried the CGD and when I put it on my finger, it will eat it for like 2 licks then walk away. It can't be getting enough food, but I don't want to get it hooked on crickets before it eats its CGD. Its the stuff with the yellow cap I'm tryin now, but I have the purple cap too, but the purple cap isn't Repashy, it says superfood. Any help?

Oh, also, I have a light by exxo terra called night glo moonlight. Wondering if this affects the activity of the gecko at night? Its a blue light...50 watt, lowest they had

Thanks

I think you should try leaving the food in the enclosure so he can eat when he feels like it
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

Sorry, should've mentioned that, ya, I do, all night and a little past 12. But he doesn't seem to touch it

Thanks

Hey =),
    Sorry but I'm gonna throw some questions out there...

Do you approximately how big/how much your gecko weighs?
    Do you know what it was previously fed before you purchased it?
    How large is it's enclosure?

If your gecko was on a different diet before, he/she could be reluctant to change to the CGD you are feeding. But as MaddoxDobes said just leave a cap full in it's tank for at least 2 days before you take it out. Since you've had the gecko for a week just give it a few days more to adjust. He/she will eventually eat when it's hungry, though they can be stubborn sometimes. Stop hand feeding for a few days while leaving food in its cage. If the gecko is producing feces, it means it's eating. It may not seem to be eating a whole lot to you but they will eat as much as they need to.

I believe superfoods and repashy is the same thing. The blue light is also alright as long as it doesn't raise your gecko's enclosure temperature too much.
    Sally