Thread: *sigh* They're such trouble!

Thanks

Default *sigh* They're such trouble!

I swear, things will finally start going good with all of the cresties, and then one or two will start to get snotty with me.

My main breeder female has decided to put herself on a diet, apparently. She has stopped eating and lost weight since her last clutch of eggs was laid (3 weeks ago or so), and I have no idea why. Nothing has changed and she was doing great before that. *sigh*

And I know I'm just a worrywart mom, but I feel like my hatchlings just aren't growing enough. I have 4 right now, and they're in 2 kritter keepers - 2 (clutchmates) in each one. For both situations, there is one who seems to be gaining (a tiny bit - we're talking tenths of a gram here) and one who is either not gaining at all, or losing. Maybe I need to seperate them, but the size differences seem inconsequential when you consider it's like 2.5 grams to 2.1, or something.

Two of my other females are losing weight as well. They were doing super when I had their boyfriend in with him, and now that he's gone they're eating less and less. What in the world, isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Anyway, just needed to vent. If anyone has ideas for me, that's great, but I'm hoping these will be like my previous streaks of bad luck and just randomly peeter out.
    .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Thanks

Is there any possibility of worms or Entamoeba? Thats the only thing that would worry me. I can't really be much help, but thats the two things that come to my mind.. I hope they all are ok!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

They were treated with Ent fix at the beginning of the breeding season, but perhaps I should do another round...

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Thanks

hmmmm. I sure hope they are ok!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

I have heard to house hatchlings together from the day they emerge from the egg. All mine are in seperate kritter keepers, all ate on their own, I never handfed...all are growing, pooping, eating.

Hatchling anything in my experience are always wayyyy more aggressive then we give them credit for. In the wild, only the strongest would survive. And in a tiny kritter keeper, only one baby, IMO would stand on top.....

I'd separate your babies, and see if that doesn't help things.

Thanks

I don't really see a problem with keeping the hatchlings together. I keep up to six in a shoe box and have never had any problems even a lost tail. My guess is they are missing the boy. Try putting him back.

My first year I had two girls, one this was her first year and I had to hand feed her the whole season because she was losing weight. Luckly this year she is dong great and is such a fatty.
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts all.

Now I'm feeling very frustrated because I cleaned out a very smelly cage.. hoping it was just smelly because it needed a cleaning, and nope. Already back to the same stench, and it's been only several days.

Apparently one of the girls (there are 2 in there) now has *extremely* stinky poo... which worries me a lot. The last time she had this was when I got her (a rescue) and she had parasites (though the vet never told me what kind.. long story and incompetent vet). I don't have a better vet to take her to, so I guess I'll have to try treating with E-Fix and Nematode Fix. Unfortunately the girl that isn't eating is in with her, so they may both have it. And it's a little difficult to treat a gecko who isn't eating!

*sigh* Trouble I tells ya!

Thanks

Oh Julie I hope your girls get better! A few cheap eyedroppers would probably work wonders in feeding them, if you have to hand feed.
    Rubia's two eggs and Julie's Red Boy
    0.2 Felis catus - Tonks and Mochi
    0.1 Yellowbelly Ball Python

Thanks

You will want to be careful with the fixes if your girls are gravid this can affect the eggs/hatchlings.
    Specializing in R. Chahoua