Thread: CGD out of the fridge?

Default CGD out of the fridge?

So, I have read that CGD powder kept in the fridge is good for about a year. Now my question is, how long would it be good out of the fridge? Once it is mixed with water I refridgerate it, but I am staying with family for about a month and they are not fond of reptiles and I really don't want my stuff to be in their way. Total, it will have spent about two months unrefridgerated once I get back into my own place. Is that too long? It still is mixing the same and doesn't smell any stranger than the rose stuff normally does.

Thanks.

It will still be good. People just refridgerate there CGD so it last longer and since people buy there CGD in bulk just a good way to have it last.

Usually un-refridged it lasts about 6 months, if in the fridge about a year, and usually you can get it to last a little longer if kept in the freezer which is where I keep mine since it is such a big bag would take up to much room in the fridge.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Yeah six months outta the fridge so you will be fine. I dont reccomend keeping it in the freezer though because its argued that freezing CGD kills off protein and theres no proof it doesnt. I know many people still do but id rather be safe then sorry at this point.
    STEVEN

Thanks! I only have about a month until my new apartment is ready, then it will go back in the fridge.