Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rubbermaid set up

Thanks

Default rubbermaid set up

Hello everyone i plan on getting a crestie soon however glass set ups are expensive and theres none on craigslist sadly =[ so im gunna get him a rubber maid set up! will he do fine in rubbermaid and are there any differences on how i should set it up? and what measurements should it have?

Thanks

I use sterilite 66 quart for mine you can find them at target they are great you just will have to drill some holes in it for it to have ventilation etc...

lance

Thanks

ok great thanks. how much do they cost? and do they do well agesnt heat because i need to pick up a tub for my leo but im worried about a under tand heater possibly melting it

Thanks

People use UTHs with tubs in rack systems, so it should be fine. I'd keep it raised off a stand, though. I think the pads come with tiny feet.

I think I paid about $8 - $10 for my tubs, depending on the brand. I love them. They're very easy to use.

Thanks

there is a nice rack system for 66 quart plastic tub's I am thinking about acquiring here is the link;

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/...66-quart-rack/

tell me your thoughts

lance

Thanks

wow, lance that is awsome, i just ordered stuff from LLL and didnt even see those, i was about to build a table to house some tanks on it... but this seems great
    1.1.3 Crested (TreeTriger, Hotpockets, Yamato, Lysol, T-Mart )
    2.0 Housemates
    0.1 Beagle (Lucy)

Thanks

the rack looks pretty cool mabye ill get one in the future but i dont have the money or need for one right now really it would be nice to have tho for the future

Thanks

oh and also sorry for my ignoance lol but for a single crestie what would be a good quart size (alittle bigger then minimum) and also do you keep them so the lid is facing up or do you flip them on their side (tall way) so the lid faces toward you? all of the pictures in those racks the tubs dont look very tall.

Thanks

As tall as you can do would be best for cresties, remember they are arboreal

If you had a little building motivation in you, that rack would be a simple design to build with PVC pipes and with some T's and 90's im actually going to price out about how much it would cost to build one today when i goto home depot
    1.1.3 Crested (TreeTriger, Hotpockets, Yamato, Lysol, T-Mart )
    2.0 Housemates
    0.1 Beagle (Lucy)

Thanks

Your welcome all I will post link's to all sorts of online store's with good deal's and sales since I work online alot to help you all out finding the best deal's for your reptile needs.

lance