Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My Cresthoua

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by renzema View Post
    What is this hybrid from? male crested and female chewie or vice versa? Just curious to how it you even get them to breed, don't even have chewies.
    I got him from Reptile Depot. I am unsure of the parents or what not. They wouldn't give me that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allhallows View Post
    Now I don't know the pro's or con's of hybrids. I never really thought about it. But why all the negativity?

Yes, something "unnatural" was created, but isn't that what we do as human beings? We discover, we advance in this universe. As long as it stays a seperate kind of gecko, and is recognized as is, then we should be excited.

Not trying to cause any problems because i don't know ANYTHING about hybrids. If the gecko is always born unhealthy, than I can see why. Are they born healthy?
    It is becuase of the gene pool and whatnot. People are worried that they buy a chewie and out hatchs cresteds from that chewie and so on Problems start when you get any different than a 50/50. Plus if these get in the wrong hands it spreads lieka virus and next thing you know, you got some unhappy breeders out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by renzema View Post
    What is this hybrid from? male crested and female chewie or vice versa? Just curious to how it you even get them to breed, don't even have chewies.
    I think a male Chahoua has to be bred to a female crestie, otherwise the baby would not be able to break out of a Chahoua egg as they are more calcified and harder to break out of.
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allhallows View Post
    Now I don't know the pro's or con's of hybrids. I never really thought about it. But why all the negativity?

Yes, something "unnatural" was created, but isn't that what we do as human beings? We discover, we advance in this universe. As long as it stays a seperate kind of gecko, and is recognized as is, then we should be excited.

Not trying to cause any problems because i don't know ANYTHING about hybrids. If the gecko is always born unhealthy, than I can see why. Are they born healthy?
    all of my hybrids are born with no problems. Not all hybrids are unnatural....

was just talking about this on another fourm...

Extensive Natural Gecko Hybridization Between Two Geckos, gekko tawaensis and gekko japonicus. Talks about two geckos breeding in the wild, in the same overlaping zone like where these rhac geckos live (makes me wonder????), they did DNA through feild collections by biodiversity scientists, i offered this pdf file to the other fourm, will do the same and if you send me your email...i will get it to you...

Thanks

does he have green eyes? He's a very nice example of one, some are bizarre looking.
    Rhachic
    www.goodlifeherps.weebly.com
    specializing in rhacodactylus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachic View Post
    does he have green eyes? He's a very nice example of one, some are bizarre looking.
    I am unsure. I will take a look tonight and hope to get new updated pictures.

Thanks