Thread: Any Bay Area Crested owners out there?

Thanks

Default Any Bay Area Crested owners out there?

Sorry for another question so soon!

I was just wondering whether any of you were familiar with (or have ever purchased a crested from) (EDITED by mod). They have a great reputation generally (as far as I know, anyway), but the person I was talking to about cresteds mentioned feeding them baby food.

With this in mind, would it be a mistake to get an adult gecko there, with plans to transition to CGD pretty much immediately? Anything I should keep in mind? Should I be considering another place or breeder in the Bay Area instead? (I'm not big on buying my first one online...I'd like to be able to handle it, see how jumpy it is, etc. before I buy).

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Jaybee; 07-15-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks

If you want a gecko that's been fed properly its whole life, I'd get one from a local breeder. What part of the bay area are you in? There are a -ton- of people out here who breed really nice geckos. If you live close enough to visit the breeder, you'll also be able to see their setups and the geckos' parents, too.

I've been (EDIT) a few times. It's an okay store. It's great for supplies, but they don't sell CGD, which is unfortunate. I haven't bought geckos from them.
    Last edited by Jaybee; 07-15-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: forgot stuff.

Thanks

I'm in the East Bay but work in San Francisco. I don't currently have a car, so am sort of limited to where I can get via public transit. :-P

Thanks

I've heard very mixed reviews about (EDIT). I agree with Emily that I'd suggest going with a breeder over (EDIT)
    Last edited by Jaybee; 07-15-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    ~ Funny Farm Geckos (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) | http://www.iherp.com/Kitishane ~
    1.0.0 - Ball Python (Titus)
    1.0.0 - Western Hognose (Boris von Huffenpuff)
    2.3.0 - Crested Gecko (Ace, Cosmos, Amelia, Dixie, Ducky)
    1.1.1 - Gargoyle Gecko (Gomez, Morticia, "Racer X")
    1.0.0 - Human (Mr. Hubbs McDowner)

Thanks

Hey guys just a heads up reminder of one of the rules:
    8. Please do not post inquiries about other breeders and dealers, or discuss your experiences with other breeders and dealers here on the forums. We simply don't have the legal resources to deal with any potential libel claims and lawsuits. If you do want to inquire about or check out any breeders or individuals the Fauna Board of Inquiry is the place to do it.
    Thanks