Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Matrix particulars"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saille View Post
    I would go with less bugs and ditch the weekly crickets and maybe bring them down to once every couple or three weeks. What are the insects being gutloaded with?

Also, is this both the females' first breeding season?
    I used to feed crickets that often, and I just found it harder to maintain breeding females' weights. The crickets eat CGD like there is no tomorrow-- more than my geckos do! It's kinda creepy. lol. They also always have the Fluker's calcium enforced water crystal things available to them.

This is one of the females' first breeding season. It's the other one's second.

EDIT: I also offer breeding females dusted wax worms one time after they lay each clutch of eggs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KestrelShatterwind View Post
    Hmmm...

By any chance, could you get some pictures taken of these eggs?
    I can try. I'll have to wait for these eggs to maybe age a little, though. Right now they just look like what you posted, with the little crystalline shapes and the rough texture.

Thanks

I may actually have hope for 1 of the 4 eggs I have incubating right now. It's one of the two laid by the female who had never been bred before this (Gollum). If you recall, both her and another of my females have been laying undercalcified eggs.

These were her first eggs laid after being bred with a male, but she laid one or two infertile (virgin) clutches before this.

Candled:

It's just two pictures (sorry, my camera died). In the 2nd and 4th pictures here, I just outlined the red I am seeing to make sure we're all looking at the same thing.

Look good? I don't remember seeing a perfect cheerio shape, but I have never seen anything like this before in my previous infertile eggs. It's definitely a big red circular blotch. My other 3 incubating are all candling solid yellow, and also aren't as fat or firm feeling as this egg. This egg is just 3 days old. The eggs of the other clutch are just a few days older than that.

Even if this one is good, there's no telling for sure whether the quality of the shell will hold the gecko for the full incubation time....

EDIT:

This may help, too, Kestrel:

http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25691

It's a past thread of mine with candled pictures of an infertile undercalcified egg I threw out a while back. What the heck is going on with the red in the egg there? And where the red in the egg touches the shell, there was a darker spot on the outer shell. Someone suggested it was a fungus. My past undercalcified eggs have either looked like this or solid yellow inside, as opposed to what I posted above just now with the circular red blotch.

Thanks

Ive had two sets of eggs tricky but infertile. First up is one egg that looked to have a circle in it. Shown Below:

After a while the egg began to turn a bit of yellow on one side

I then decided to candle again:

It started growing mold and I tried my best to Q tip it off everyday. After it got worse I decided to Slit the egg and figure out what happened.
    When I did, there was nothing in the egg but the embryo fluids.
    Next Egg looked great I thought from Coconut:

Strangest thing? Its still growing but I highly doubt anything is in there since I have candled it. Usually when you candle, you put the light below it, but this time I put the light on top and looked below. This red veining was now sunken to the bottom.

It is day 55 and it has never molded.

Eggs are confusing aren't they!

Thanks

Wow, I can't believe those weren't any good! Way to complicate matters, haha. Mine looks a lot like Coconut's there, but the ring isn't QUITE as big as that. I never saw the small cheerio like in your first pic, but I guess it's possible that I missed it while candling, with the shell being weird.

Thanks for your response! That's really interesting. I guess I can't post pics of a candled egg on pangea and have members tell me whether it's good, then, huh? Just have to wait and see... dang.

I wonder what caused the veining to fall to the bottom? So strange. And I wonder how many other people have experienced this. You're sure you didn't accidentally turn that one?

Thanks

no never turned it. It has a mark on top so I would have known. It could have been the temperature change. Its so strange that it never molded though.