Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Amber

Thanks

Default Help Amber

Hey guys, we'll use this forum to figure out how to best help Amber out. I made it so she can't see it.

Thanks

Thanks so much Matt!

I had brought up to the mods that it might be kind of cool to make a community effort to help Amber (Warnersister) after her recent tragic loss. I know if it happened to any of us, we would be traumatized, and it could help her feel better if she knows a lot of people are behind her.

I personally have a really small collection right now so I don't have animals I can send her, but I am willing to cover shipping for 1 or 2 people if they would like to send some animals her way.

Lunar/Sarah lives near Amber and she is willing to help out so we can have animals shipped to Sarah as a surprise for Amber. Sarah also kind of knows what Amber has lost so perhaps some of us can keep an eye out for possible replacements.

If you have something nice that you would like to send to Amber, or you can help out by paying shipping to get an animal or three from point A to point B, or perhaps even just contribute to a "for Amber" general fund, please think about speaking up - this would really be an awesome thing for the Pangea community to do for her!

PS, keep it on the down-low; if I find you blabbed I will send you a pack of fresh gecko poo.

Thanks

I don't have much I can offer at this moment, but as I offered in the other thread, as soon as my kids get breeding, I'll be happy to give her any of my first born hatchlings. Once I get a few bucks back under my "belt", I'll be happy to donate to the "For Amber"/"Ship Fund".
    ~ Funny Farm Geckos (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) | http://www.iherp.com/Kitishane ~
    1.0.0 - Ball Python (Titus)
    1.0.0 - Western Hognose (Boris von Huffenpuff)
    2.3.0 - Crested Gecko (Ace, Cosmos, Amelia, Dixie, Ducky)
    1.1.1 - Gargoyle Gecko (Gomez, Morticia, "Racer X")
    1.0.0 - Human (Mr. Hubbs McDowner)

Thanks

I think it would be great to start a help amber fund so that people who can only donate $5.00 or whatever can still help. That way those that don't have geckos to donate can help out with the shipping. Lets make a goal of $500.00 or so. I can't accept the donations into my paypal account for tax reasons so I guess we need to figure out the best way to go about this part of it.

I am going to replace a female creamsicle she bought from me, worth at least $400.00 as well as some babies if she wants them, 3 or 4 of her choice.

I will also cover some shipping charges outside of my own if we don't get enough donations.

Thanks

I could accept Paypal, if people can make sure every donation is marked as "AMBER" in it. If you would rather someone else do it that is fine too!

Thanks

I second the nomination!

Thanks

Where is she? California? I don't have any geckos I could give her, but the shipping fund is a great idea! Just let me know where to send it when you guys decide.

3.0 Crested Geckos *Moe*Kami*Piper*
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]0.1 Gargoyle Gecko *Nexus*[/COLOR
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa *Incus*
    0.1 Sphynx Outcross x American Curl Cat *Kura*
    1.0 Tabby Cat *Shorty*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    I could accept Paypal, if people can make sure every donation is marked as "AMBER" in it. If you would rather someone else do it that is fine too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Parks View Post
    I second the nomination!
    Thirded. I think JB is the best gal for this job.
    ~ Funny Farm Geckos (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) | http://www.iherp.com/Kitishane ~
    1.0.0 - Ball Python (Titus)
    1.0.0 - Western Hognose (Boris von Huffenpuff)
    2.3.0 - Crested Gecko (Ace, Cosmos, Amelia, Dixie, Ducky)
    1.1.1 - Gargoyle Gecko (Gomez, Morticia, "Racer X")
    1.0.0 - Human (Mr. Hubbs McDowner)

Thanks

OK guys, to keep things on the up and up I will post tallies in here just in case there are folks that don't trust me

In light of what Jennsen posted in the thread in the main forum it may be a good idea to just send funds, and if and when she chooses she can pick something out on her own. Please understand that this money is going to be given with free will; it is up to her to do with what she wants once she gets it! So no getting mad if she doesn't buy a bunch of new geckos.

My Paypal address is:

edit

Please put "AMBER" somewhere in the donation fields. Paypal takes a bit of a cut but I will do my best to make sure we are able to send the full amount. You can either post that you donated in the thread, or if you prefer to remain anonymous, send me a PM so I know who everything came from, and so you can acknowledge that I got your donation OK.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Jaybee; 07-14-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks

I would be willing to give her 2 geckos, if someone was willing to cover shipping cost. They would be juvies. I don't have any extra adults right now. Sarah/Lunar get in touch with me and let me know what she lost, likes, or is looking for and I'll see what I have.
    Carrie
    Morphs to the Max
    www.morphstothemax.com