Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VERY Round Eggs

Thanks

Default VERY Round Eggs

I've got 2 eggs laid on 4/15, so they're at about day 70 now. Thing is, I have never seen eggs this shape. They started out normal, oblong and such.. and I know that some rounding up is normal, but I have never seen anything like these two! They are literally like huge marbles, perfectly round.

I have been gone for a week on vacation and they've grown tremendously. I looked around on the forum a bit before posting, and looked at pictures of hatched eggs - none are this shape that I have seen. Should I be concerned? It's weird if nothing else, I should really get a photo. They literally look like rotten fruit that has swollen so badly it will split with the slightest touch. My babies are going to come out half grown or something!

Thanks

I know that eggs get fairly round! That just means they're growing! And yes should hatch soon
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

They will be hatching soon as stated. They tend to loose their eggie shape and lean more towards the round shape when it is getting close to hatching time. I have 4 that were laid on 4/12, they look like they are getting close to exploiding so I know they will hatch soon. Also eggs can get, I call them stretch marks, it looks like cracks throughout the whole egg, but the cracks are filled in with egg shell, best way I can discribe it, really looks like stretch marks on a person.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

my one baby that was pretty big, 2.1g, had a very big round egg. Baby was quite a bit bigger than the others! Anxious to see the babies!!

Thanks

I have two that are just the same! They are the biggest eggs I've ever had and they have stretch marks horizontally and vertically. Can't wait for these buggers to hatch. Keep us posted!

Thanks

Very cool! perfectly normal. I to was amazed that the eggs grow! Babie Cresties on the way! yeah
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

How exciting! I have a pair of eggs that were laid on 4-15, they're getting quite round, too! Feels like Christmas in July..
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Thanks

Good luck to all of you.... I wish you much health and nice patterns with your new babies.

I too have eggs hatching soon (hopefully). The 60 day mark for my first clutch is on the 28th.

I expect photos from all of us!

Thanks

I have experienced the stretch mark eggs. Nothing to be worried about. Also, as much as you might want to please do not cut open an egg.
    It's a popcorn season!

Thanks

No cutting open eggs for me! They have major stretch marks and look like they'll pop just fine on their own, hehe. I just wish it would be sooner rather than later - I don't know how much bigger they can get! I really need to get a picture tomorrow. They're cracking me up, especially comparing them to some eggs laid a few nights ago.

Ihkura, what temp are you incubating at? We're in a race for hatchlings!!