Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jacobi

Thanks

Default Michael Jacobi

Did he used to raise gargs and leos? I was at a show and a guy was selling some gargs and said they were Michael Jacobis and had the arachonoculture card with him and said he had a site for the lizards. I can't find it, Does anyone know the address? I bought the garg, need to get him to calm down so I can sex him. Was told it was a male by this guy. We shall see. He is about 7 inches snout to tail. Bought him since there were no female cresteds left.

Thanks

Found it, the guy replied to the email very quickly. This guy is shedding on me my second day of having him. Hope he calms down now and is more friendly. Last night he wouldn't move and jumped when touched. Is it bad to let them eat the shed? It's too late for this time, looks like he already ate it, but for future reference. Thanks

Thanks

It's typical for many types of geckos to eat their shed. I suspect there is a nutritional benefit or else they would not do it, but I don't know the specifics on it... Just that it's normal!

Thanks

Thanks
    I've also heard that it's normal for Uromastyx to eat their own droppings but I'm not going to let them if I have the chance to clean it up first.
    Also it's normal for people to fry their foods here in the south, but that definitly isn't healthy for us.
    Not attacking you or what you said. I'm in a sleep deprived state of mind and I think weird things. Anyway, in humans, what's normal isn't necesarily healthy.
    I wish we had a spell check built in.

Just wanted to check what people thought about it and thank you for your oppinion. I think you were saying let them be since they naturally do it with no problems. I hope he got everything, it's too dark to tell. I know he's got from the hindlegs to the tail tip.

He's my first rhac, I've got to get pictures. Bought him and split cost of a beardie with my aunt who's just getting the reptile bug from me. She fell in love with a baby beardie who's the calmest most docile little thing. The breeders kids handle/hold all of them regularly so they are very tame.

Hope that my garg calms now that he has shed.

One more question is, can gargoyles, or cresteds, climb the walls of critter keepers? My gargoyle kept slipping down the side if he tried. I misted it thinking it was too dry and it didn't help any.

Thanks

yes most geckos eat their skin..its normal..and let them eat it..he should calm down..just let him do his thing...they can climb the side of glass with no problem..the dirtier the surface the easyier it is to climb..and putting water will make him slip...its funny to watch..gargs are awsome...hpe you have fun with him..

Thanks

Well, He slipped on the sides of the plastic kritter keeper. I havn't seen him on the sides of his glass terrarium yet. He was up on the corkwood and behind it. Found him under part of the vine this morning. I'll take picutres of the enclosure later. I'm hoping he can climb on these vines. They're these chain looking ones I got from the craft store. I tried petting him this morning and he moved, but he didn't jump and run like he had been. I tried putting my hand in front of me and he jumped away like a rabbit.

He's in a 29 gallon tank. Ambient Temp is somewhere around 74. Cork on both ends and a long draping fine across the tank. I put a 75 watt incandecant light above one end now for day time since the room remains fairly dim 24/7.

I'm off to work so I'll let him sleep or explore and hope he's better tonight.

Any tricks to try? I know to put my hand in there and let him get used to that, but he doesn't run if my hand is in there, just if I touch him. I have the T-Rex diet but he doesn't seem to have eaten any of it. I ordered Clarks back on friday and just waiting for it to arrive. I was told that he was fed on T-rex though.

Should I try crickets with him?

http://www.michaeljacobi.com/jacobih...ages/A267M.jpg

Can't really tell size with that photo, but it's the one I bought.

Thanks

Thanks

Default ...

Eating shed skin is normal do not worry about it. Also gargoyles are less arboreal than cresteds and for the most part spend more time on the ground than climbing. They also arent able to climb/stick to the glass as well as cresteds. As for feeding you often wont notice if they are small, but at 47 grams you should defenitly see if he has eaten. I wouldnt get to worked up about him not eating the first nIght, often mine dont eat every night.
    http://www.enviedreptiles.com/
    Check it , You wont regret it.

Thanks

They often won't eat for 2-4 days after shedding, either.

Thanks

Wish I had read this before dumping in those 5 crickets. I took out the CGD and put in a thing of water. Had 60% humidity and 63 degrees. I need to get the crickets out in the morning then. I'll be rushed before work but its got to be done. I hope he eats them all though. He still jumps when I touch them. Maybe I do it and he's asleep. Need to do it when he is active to try I guess.

What is suggested for night viewing of a 29 gallon tank when I don't need any heat? I tried a 25 watt blue exoterra light but it doesn't put enough light to see anything. Thanks

Thanks

Hey,
    I think temps should be a little higher if you can.Thant might make him hungry.Boost it up to about 65-70degrees.

Geckos arnt friendly persay.But tollerate being handeled.Hes not going to come to the glass when you come in ,expecting to be held.So hes gona jump.
    Try a red bulb.