Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most expensive crested or other reptile you've ever seen!

Thanks

Default Most expensive crested or other reptile you've ever seen!

I thought this might be a fun thread. Whats the most expensive crested you've ever seen for sale or heard of somone paying for or any reptile for that matter?
    My local reptile shop had some purple pinstripe cresteds coming in (i never did see them) that they were asking 300 for, which at the time would have worked out for around $600 each.
    Has anyone ever heard of that morph? anyway thats not the issue.
    The same store has also had tokays for 2,000 and they currently have this albino dwarf python type thing which isnt for sale but is apparently worth around 20,000! Id rather have a car, even though it is very cool.

So, can anyone beat that?

Thanks

Most expensive crested gecko i've seen was $900!
    Kalah Marie
    Website Photog Blog

Thanks

I havn't seen any over $700 and as for the purple pinstripe crested gecko I don't belive they exsist yet correct me anyone if i'm wrong. I know you can get lavander which is more like a grey but purple no.

Thanks

I agree about the purple i havnt heard of it since then but im certain thats what the guy said to me. They do like there morphs in there but i beleave there reliable guys.

Thanks

The most expensive gecko I've seen in person was a $500 adult female pinstripe at a reptile show a few years ago. She was the first pinner I'd ever seen. I was impressed! The most expensive gecko I've seen online was probably the $900 one on AC's website.

I think the most expensive reptile I've seen was a little pied ball python hatchling wrapped up in a chick's hair at the same reptile show. They're cute, but I can't imagine spending thousands of dollars on a snake. I'm cheap!

Thanks

I seen the $900 dollar gecko and not only that but it was sold. It was a nice pinner but Im not sure if its that nice! Maybe if i was big ballin!
    STEVEN

Thanks

I seen the 900.00 gecko as well.

I myself purchased an adult female gecko for 600.00.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NOHR669.com Protect your rights! Don't let the bill pass!

Thanks

$900 is the most I've seen for a Crested Gecko, I have paid $500 for an adult gravid female
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

I've never seen them sell for too horrible much but I know from talking to old school importers and breeders that the first ones on the scene cost thousands of dollars when they were discovered, even buck skins.
    "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I seen the 900.00 gecko as well.

I myself purchased an adult female gecko for 600.00.
    Do you think she was worth it? Do you have any photos of her?

The most expensive reptile I've seen was the first albino Ball Python imported into the US. A friend of mine bought it. I don't remember the exact price, but I think he paid $15,000 or $20,000 for it, back around 1990 (give or take a few years... senility, you know) I suppose it was worth it, because he is now The Man, when it comes to Ball Python morphs. He "invented" most of them, starting from that one snake. Of course, he'd been breeding pythons for years, prior to that, and already knew the genetics involved.