Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MBD *WARNING* Disturbing Photos

Thanks

Default MBD *WARNING* Disturbing Photos

The title says it all. I am very sad to say that today I feel very strong hate for some people. I went to my local pet store to pick up some dog food for my dogs. The girl that works there had a syringe and something in her hand, so i asked what was up. I look down to see the saddest little leo. At first glance I thought it was a juvie they might be having problems with. It seems that someone dropped off their son's 2 year old leo that was being neglected. Alright, so my first thought is what parent wouldn't step in and take charge of a situation? And I start venting about stupid adults that are ultimately in charge of all pets when a child can not be. Come to find out these are parents of a full grown adult man, who btw is going through a divorce....still no excuse IMO, have been taking care of the little guy. I tell her how I think it is the worst severe case of MBD I have ever seen in my life and that the little guy needs to be put down. Now mind you the people that dropped the little guy off are on vacation for 10 days and actually brought him in to be leo-sat. Again, I am just beside myself...we talk for a bit and I am really adamant that the little guy should be put down...they all agree and say something about the freezer. Now while this might be ok with some people, it is not ok with me. I offer to take the little guy home, as we have CO2. It was very hard....my husband did it as I sat at our kitchen table with tears in my eyes, sorry the little guy had such a terrible life, glad that he feels no pain any longer. I prayed that it would be fast for him.

When you take an animal into your home it is YOUR responsibility.

~Dawn~
    1.3 Cresties
    1.1 Leopard Geckos
    0.1 Highland GTP

Thanks

Oh my god, the poor baby, how could they let this happen to any living thing!!!
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Oh my God that is so heartbreaking! How can someone do that to an innocent creature?!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

oh dear god.
    That just brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks

I still can't believe someone can own an animal for two years and not notice there's something obviously wrong with it. That makes my blood boil.

Thanks

I am still teary eyed. I love all animals...I just don't understand why someone thinks that this is ok.

I should also make it clear that the pet store I go to, they take very good care of all of their animals. The girl that took the leo just felt so bad for him.

~Dawn~
    1.3 Cresties
    1.1 Leopard Geckos
    0.1 Highland GTP

Thanks

Dawn that is so so sad. Im really glad that you took it home and put it out of its misery.
    That is just so horrible. I mean that really got to me, seeing something so small, that
    relies on others to take care of him, and finding out that he was neglected is just too much.
    That poor Leopard, and what he had to go through. I'm so glad you posted this though, our
    animals trust us to take care of them and we need to do that!

Thanks

Wow...I'm fighting back tears. That is just so awful! I'm sorry you had to deal with that, and I'm glad you had a way of putting the poor thing down :'(
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Thanks

WOW. This is by far the worst case of MBD i have ever seen. I am absolutely horrified knowing that people could let an animal get so sick and become so malnourished that the animal probably suffers each time it breathes. I'm honeslty disgusted in those people right now.

Thanks

I am in shock , that poor little thing. At least you found it and put it out of its suffering.
    It brought tears to my eyes what a sad story.
    2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
    1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
    1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca