Thread: Intros

Thanks

Default Intros

I currently have a 3 month old unsexed crested. I would really like to get another one... are there any concerns I should have when introducing a new gecko to the tank? I know it's best not to house males together.
    1.0.1 crested geckos, 1.0 ball python, 1.0 paint horse, 1.0 rat terrier, 0.1 maine coon, 0.1 mutt kitty

Thanks

There is the risk of parasites infected from one gecko to the other, but if you quarentine then you can prevent that before it happens. You may also want to wait to see what sex your current gecko is.
    Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make. ---Count Dracula

Thanks

yeah exactly what sobedrummer007 said. quarantine it for a couple weeks. and dont put two males together.
    Josh
    1.0 cresties (zeus)

Thanks

I definitely won't put two males together... and I planned on quarantine, I was more concerned about possible aggressive behavior with new arrivals.
    1.0.1 crested geckos, 1.0 ball python, 1.0 paint horse, 1.0 rat terrier, 0.1 maine coon, 0.1 mutt kitty

Thanks

As long as they are around the same size and both not males you should be fine. But yes quarintine would be best
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin