Thread: "dangerous animal" propaganda

Thanks

Thumbs down "dangerous animal" propaganda

Please note that ball pythons are included in this:

http://yubanet.com/life/The-Humane-S...xotic-Pets.php

So a ball python wrapping around a kid's leg is a showstopper, meanwhile:

From http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html :

"In 2007, there were 33 *FATAL* dog maulings in the USA."

"...dogs bite nearly 2% of the U.S. population -- more than 4.7 million people annually."

"Dog bites send nearly 368,000 victims to hospital emergency departments per year."

"Getting bitten by a dog is the fifth most frequent cause of visits to emergency rooms caused by activities common among children. "

A bit of a double standard for those using public safety as justification for all these new proposed reptile laws. Please people write your reps. So these bills don't pass.

Thanks

Laws against dog breeds AND laws against reptiles are STUPID.

Pit Bulls and Rottweilers do not need to be banned anymore than a python or a lizard.

How about laws against the irresponsible owners???
    Or how about people start taking responsibility for the pets that they bring into their homes?

OR how about the people who have ALREADY put laws into place, you know the people trying to make MORE stupid laws to appease the people who go into "scare mode", how about those people enforce the common sense laws that are already in place?????

And I just LOVE how every dog bite incident becomes the fault of a "pit bull" dog. When it's PROVEN that the majority of the world cannot even properly identify a pit bull. Or, I'm sorry, an American Pit Bull Terrier. Because THAT'S what they are.

Yeah. I own a pit bull AND I own reptiles.
    NEITHER one deserve to be banned.
    The goal with the HSUS and PETA is to make sure that NO ONE owns an animal of any kind.
    It's about control.

Don't get me started.

Thanks

I agree with Chewbecca! As a owner of a Pitbull and Dobermans, it makes me sick to see them ban breeds, like these 'attacks' are a dogs fault. Irresponsible owners are the blame and studies have recently showed that Goldens have been known more for biting and attacks, but they just leave out 'the family dogs' a bunch of BS!!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

No please get started. This is a huge issues even with dogs here in lakewood ohio if you dog even LOOKS like a pit bull you gen fined or up to 1 year in prison. I was reading some of the conversations about it on craigslist and its horrible. The one womans dog was a labrador and a bull dog (she had it DNA tested for court) and she still had charges dropped on her because it looked like a pit bull. Her nabors call child services constatly because her nabors feel its child abuse to have "that kind" of dog around her kids. It's the owners that make pets bad not the pets. My nabor called the cops on me for putting my iguana in his outdoor cage in the driveway last year said the thing tryed to attack him as he walked by. Now the iguana I had out there was Ziggy hes my friendly loving iggy now if it was House that was out there I would have belived him, cause I know House is and evil lizard. These laws are being based on fear not respect for these animals. It makes me so mad.

Thanks

I did a speech on pit bulls for my college speech class I took.
    I had to do research for it, and did you know that American Pit Bull Terriers passed the Golden Retriever in their temperament test???

Doesn't surprise me, really. You couldn't get my dog to bite a human.
    You could beat her silly and she'd never THINK of biting you.

Thanks

I agree Krestie Kate. The whole thing erks me!!! Whats really sad is these irresponsible owners get these dogs, do an ill job of raising them. someone gets hurt, the dogs get put down and the owner can go out, buy another and repeat history. GRRRR
    Crestopia Reptiles

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

the funny thing is, I think it is the golden retriver that bites most. and I agree most of it is due to fear. I wish more teachers had exotic pets in their class room. I had big issues at one school because I had pet rats in my room, and there were evidently complaints because i had vermin in my room. I don't know if this was true. if it si just plain ignorance.
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Yup, Our Pitbull is as sweet as pie, and so are our Dobermans, but on several occasions I have labs, labs mind you, run up to my dogs and try to fight! Its sad the rap our great pets get
    Crestopia Reptiles

Thanks

Think about all the reptiles that will be seized if some of these bans pass. Like monitors and pythons. Whats to happen to them? Will they be collected in the masses and be put down? Will they live a life of misery? Will they be put into sacuarys/zoos? will they be used for testing? I worry i wrote a fantastic latter to my Ohio goviner anyone care to read?

Thanks

I'll give it a read for sure, PM me!
    Crestopia Reptiles