Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PLEASE help! possibly egg bound

Thanks

I am glad she passed those eggs!
    Can you get a bird's eye view picture of her to see her hips/tail region from above? I think I can see the FTS "dent" in some of your pics, but it could also be the lighting and position of the gecko so its hard to tell.
    She's a lovely girl, but if she has so many issues, you maybe might want to consider taking her off of breeding for a year or so, especially if she's funny about passing eggs.
    My experience is also with a 26 gram girl that digs a couple days prior to laying. She'll also stop eating for those couple days. She was fed babyfood as well, prior to my getting her, but she has never had any shed issues or anything.

Since you've got her diet and husbandry covered, the only other thing that shed issues could be a symptom of are possible parasites. Maybe run a fecal on her? I wonder if certain parasites can also deplete nutrients and the eggs are the first things to suffer, depending on the parasite?

Any rate, good luck with her, she's a really pretty girl. Fingers crossed that its nothing too complicated or health-harming. Please keep us posted!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

I know this is coming a little late in the game but my .02 on the matter...

I have a few girls who drop a good deal of weight just before they drop there eggs but most of it just magically reappears just after they lay. One of them lays like clock work each year even though she has a minor twist in her hips from FTS. I did not breed her tell she started her 2ed season of laying duds each month. I figured she was doing it anyways and she was 46g... so what the heck. She will almost always hold onto the first set for a little longer than the rest of season. Most of mine do, now that I think about it. Normally I would say they hold them an extra week w/ there first clutch. Like they are just getting geared up or something. Perhaps it dues have to do with the temperatures. That makes sense to me.

Well back to what I meant to say... sorry. =P

She dues not look too very gravid to me. She looks healthy and big but perhaps the added heat and upping the humidity would be good for her. If you can really FEEL they eggs worry about egg binding. Or if they are sitting in her middle (canal area) for a while and not on the sides you can worry. She looks to still be in "full saddle" as I like to call it. You know, when they eggs are fully to the side and almost looks like she is wearing saddle bags under her skin. When she "drops" but has not layed (eggs have moved into the canal) and she is like this for days is when you can really have an issue. BUT if she is Blocked up like the gecko Sarah (ShadowKoren) was talking about you should be able to feel the other eggs in the canal area. They will feel almost like corn kernels under the skin.

If you are worried I do suggest you take her to a vet. You know your gecko better than anyone else and can tell better than the rest of us if she is acting oddly or something is "off".

BTW~ I'm just wondering, but is this the gecko we talked about having an issue w/ cooling a while back?

Best of Luck.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

I say take her in to the vet if she is eggbound she will died! for I losted female greentreeboa what way.

Thanks

Thanks for all your help guys, I know for sure now that it's an infertile egg, I palpated her and could definitely feel it. I haven't prepared for this at all, so I need to provide her with a laybox, however, I have nothing for substrate on hand. I'm nervous to keep her like this for another day without her laybox, but I won't be able to make a trip to petco until tomorrow night. Is there anything I can do now to induce laying that won't be harmful to her? Is there a substrate I can provide in a laybox that is kept on-hand? I've heard sand is a no-no with cresties.

Thanks

Some pics Name:  IMG_0154[1].jpg
Views: 33
Size:  94.8 KBName:  IMG_0156[1].jpg
Views: 30
Size:  93.4 KB

Thanks

ok, who did this. I don't mind necroposting at all, but I find it extremely hilarious this is a post from 2009.
    Follower of Jesus

Thanks

Thought this was my thread, didn't realize I had 2 pangea forum tabs open, and accidentally posted on this one. This was where I thought I was posting, my bad.

Thanks

lol it's okay, it was a great way to remember past threads
    Follower of Jesus