Thread: *sadness*

Thanks

Default *sadness*

Xander is going to his new home this week (well, shipping him out tomorrow). It sucks...I'll miss my baby. I can't wait to be settled down somewhere where I can get back into tegus, and have awesome housing for them outside with some nice natural sun. Tegus have to be my FAVORITE reptile. So intelligent, so beautiful, and adorable. I remember when I first got Xander...he'd crawl into my pocket and just sleep while I walked around, then would pop out for some pinkies and LOVED some grapes. Hehe. Luckily, I'll get updates from the new owner, and get to see my boy grow up. I sure am going to miss that little booger.

Seriously, anyone, if you have the money, space, and time to own a tegu, do it. WONDERFUL animals. So fun to watch when they hunt down crickets, or when they are out venturing around. They check EVERYTHING out. Man, these guys are smart. I couldn't tell you how many times Xander escaped from his cage. Had no idea how each time! He loved getting out and exploring, and would even go to the pool with me in the summer to bask.

Looks like I've found a fantastic home for Aidan as well. He'll be living with two red tegus in a VERY large enclosure (can't remember the exact measurements, but I know he said 15ft at one point). He'll love it.
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Thanks

Awww Katie!!! I remember the first pictures you Xander that you posted on Ciliatus. He was so cute as a baby, and I'm not even into tegus.

That so sad, but you know he'll be loved and well cared for. And he'll have a whole new critter family!!! I know he'll be just fine.

Just remember-you're doing this for HIM!!

Hugs-
    Donna
    Love and Light-
    Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle

Thanks

Thanks Donna!!! Yeah, he sure was a cutie, and I'll miss him. But moving him around all the time wouldn't be fair to him.
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page

Thanks

Aww I am sorry you have to rehome him, but at least- unlike many people- you took the time to ensure he was going to a really good home!
    Tegus are beautiful! I want one someday when I have the space as well.
    ~www.CrestieCafe.com~
    4.4.10 Crested Geckos (Deku, Charmander, Zebes, Scampi, Gemron, Mocha, Tiramisu, Chozo, & the hatchlings)
    Eggs currently in incubation: 8

Thanks

I've been looking to adopt a arg. black & white tegu for awhile im a huge fan of medium sized monitor lizards and from what i can see tegus are alot more dosile than monitors were still usure of how were gonna build his cage though cant decifer the best way to do it so that its escape proof were kinda thinking of a play pen type deal

Thanks

Thanks everyone! Kate, I'm sending you a PM.
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page