Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help i lost my crested gecko

Thanks

Default help i lost my crested gecko

some time last night i lost my crested gecko after searching my room me and my mom moved also evrything out of my room and looked at everything for him but we dident find him. i put a bin with some ecoearth and a plant in my room with cgd in it and i sprinkled flour on a branch to see if he walks on it also i put a humid hid on a paper towl with a small bowl of cgd on it , by my air vent i put a cricket keeper on its side with cgd in it and some fake plants. i also have a plant in my room he loves to climb on. is there anything else i can do to find him and what are the chances he is still in my room

Thanks

When i lost mine i found him under my recliner and then my friend found his inbetween some clothes

Help this helps
    Ryan

Thanks

Look up...many times they are on the top of bookshelves, curtain rods and the like. Good luck, I hope you find him!
    Specializing in R. Chahoua

Thanks

he just a little guy or a big guy?

Thanks

When mine got loose every now and then they ended up being only a few feet away from the tank. Look close by! Most of the time they don't end up going very far.

Thanks

My 2 got out for 3 days, found them behind our book shelf one was in one of the toy baskets that sit on the shelf. I think usually when they get out theyr not trying to run away just find a small cozy spot to hide in.
    2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
    1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
    1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca

Thanks

Check any shoes that might have been in the room, look around window treatments like curtains (if they're highly patterned, take them down and touch every inch of them with your fingers). Many geckos can't stick well to smooth paints a lot of people use on their walls, so check the floorboards too.

You can try turning out the lights and sitting absolutely still for a while. I did this when I had an escapee and within a few minutes I found him by listening for the "PLURNK" sound of him clumsily jumping against something as soon as the lights went out - and he was a tiny one.

Thanks

I had one missing for almost a week and found it on the side of my turtle tank going for water. Another one I found by keeping my room completely dark for hours to coax it out before hunting by flash light. Caught it climbing the curtains!

Hope that helps too!
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

Mine actually did stick to my walls quite well, and one time when all three babies got out (yes I almost lost my mind) they were all 3 behind different posters and pictures. I hope you find him!

Thanks

hope you find it!!!!!!! mine escaped about 3 days ago&was right next to his cage underneath the shag rug snuggled up...i think they are just looking for comfy places to hide!