Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CLarks diet: an instant success

Thanks

Tom, we have been strickly feeding all our breeding geckos this diet for 6 months along with the hatchlings. I DO NOT RECCOMEND OUR CUSTOMERS DO THIS! These geckos need crickets and or roaches its in their nature for live prey. We have not had any problems. As a matter of fact we have noticed that our breeder females are healthier now during the breeding season than we have ever seen them and they maintain thier weight.. The hatchlings are growing like weeds and are feeding really well on this diet.We have a 3 month old gecko back there now that is extremly healthy along with the new hatchlings That have been feed this diet pretty much the whole 3 months. As Matt said if they were being deprived of water they would have died as water is a necessity as a hatchling.

We have tried what Bobby said to do, add some crazy amount of water to one part diet and it never absorbed all the water. We have tried what you said and it didnt work for us either. We have had the best results using 2 parts water to 1 part diet. We spray all the hatchlings of all the different gecko species here EVERY NIGHT and leave fresh water available at all times. I would like to have the name and number to the vet you took your geckos to. We am interested in hearing what he has to say. As of right now we have 3 veterinarin's using our diet regularly with no negative affects.

On another note I would like to thank all the great people on this site who have helped Clark by posting thier results of the FGD.We work really hard to not only please the geckos but the customers as well.

Clarks wife,
    Nicole Tucker
    Clark Tucker @clarksgeckos
    www.clarksgeckos.com

Thanks

I know that this is off topic but the web page is looking great Clark! Props to Crested Lady too .
    -Marina York-

4.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (B)
    1.0.0 ball python
    0.1.0 BCI
    0.2.0 leopard geckos

Thanks

well the FGD has been working great for me....I've sprinkled some in with the crix.... I must say the smell is one of the huge selling points with me. My mother will be doing a few feedings now and then and she has a gag reflex to some smells, so the fact that FGD does not smell anywhere near CGD my mom will be able to do feedings when I'm gone. Thanks for making a diet that does not disrupt my own diet!
    Jillie
    3.5.19 Crested Geckos (0.3.15 for sale)
    0.1.0 R.Brev (pygmy chams)

www.CelticHerps.com

Thanks

I have had a very good vet (and friend of mine) working with me and my animals and I have noticed that my animals seem to be doing well. I have used this stuff for about a month now and none of my animals are losing weight (most are gaining or maintaining) and I am still finding fecal matter when I clean out tanks. I do have to agree with Matt about how if your animals were dehydrated they would of passed already (I mean we have to have water atleast every 3 days)

As with any animal varying your animals diet is key and no one product can ever be the only food source (and I don't think the geckos would like spending 15+ years eating the same stuff over and over) :wink:
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

i cant help but state something no one has said in the first place. but how natural is it to be feeding your geckos dust, or a gruel made from dust?

call me old fashioned, but i use fruit [supplamented] and insects [also supplamented]

im not about to spend $5 or $20 on a bag of dust when i can get some ripe fruit at the store for $3 and i dont have to worrie about "will this kill my gecko?" because i know its similar to what my gecko would be eating in the wild.

thats my $0.02.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bleeding_sarcasm
    i cant help but state something no one has said in the first place. but how natural is it to be feeding your geckos dust, or a gruel made from dust?

call me old fashioned, but i use fruit [supplamented] and insects [also supplamented]

im not about to spend $5 or $20 on a bag of dust when i can get some ripe fruit at the store for $3 and i dont have to worrie about "will this kill my gecko?" because i know its similar to what my gecko would be eating in the wild.

thats my $0.02.
    It's no more natural than keeping them in glass boxes with egg crates to hide in. Sure, you can keep them in as naturalistic a setup as possible and only feed them crickets and fruits, but I don't see how this is definately better for the geckos. To me it seems that's better for us, because we think we are doing something better for them. Allen says 6 generations of geckos have been raised on CGD with no insects at all and have no health problems and I believe him (and all the others who use it). We could all feed our dogs raw deer steak, but there are commercial diets with all the nutrients they need. I'm not bashing what you do in any way, I'm just saying if a diet has all the protein, calcium, fiber, etc they need I don't see why it should be excluded just because they don't find little bowls of it sitting around New Caledonia.

Thanks

Just wanted to post some links to help people make an informed decision about using Clarks Diet.

http://pangeareptile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=848

http://www.forums.repashy.com/showth...?t=1325&page=2