Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern IL people - Wheaton show! Mar. 7 meetup

Thanks

Default Northern IL people - Wheaton show! Mar. 7 meetup

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've let myself go to any local shows, but my birthday's coming up next month and there's the All Animal Expo and the Lake County show running the weekend after (7th or 8th). I thought I'd like to drop on in one show or the other, and thought I'd ask if anyone wants to either carpool with me or meet up there, maybe hit a restaurant after or something. Though I'm an old lady, I'd prefer to go somewhere that any age could join in because I know we have some younger members in the area. If anyone knows of any good eatin' places around either show, or if you have a preference of one show over another, speak up!

I generally go to shows with my husband who is, though he tries, still pretty "yep that suuuure is a lizard," bless his heart. Most of my other friends are ambivalent about herps so I'd love to browse with someone who likewise loves 'em.

I'd be coming in from Rockford so if there are a couple people on the way, I could pick you up to save gas.

Essentially I have been really shy about meeting folks from the forum and I'd like to change that if anyone is willing You don't have to reply to the thread if you're unwilling to be seen in public speaking to me, you can drop a PM or e-mail anytime!

Oh man this sounds like a singles ad or something, I swear I'm not that creepy.

Usually.

Thanks

Oooh i wanna come!!!!!! I was gonna go to the LCRS tomorrow, but I can wait!! WHOOHOO
    2.0.0 Crested Geckos
    -Stanley, Screwie Louie

RIP My baby girl Lilian, And now Ace my boy. I love you both...

Thanks

Well you can go to both, silly XD

I just wanted to see if anyone else was interested in going and my super special sparkly woo hoo birthday seemed as good a time as any. I've actually never been to LCRS so I don't know how the two shows compare!

Thanks

I wish I could go! I was born in Chicago, graduated high school in Schaumburg. Only my sister is out there now....That would have been so fun to do!!

Thanks

Pshhh Pennsylvania isn't that far away, you can totally make it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    Pshhh Pennsylvania isn't that far away, you can totally make it
    LOL! Yeah, 11 hour drive..10 and 1/2 if no potty breaks! Not too bad!!! Well, you all have fun!!
    Last edited by Gecko_Haven; 02-07-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: 110 hours bit too long! one to many 1's in there!

Thanks

Lol, Jen! I think I’ll wait so I can save my money... time to start pocketing my lunch money
    2.0.0 Crested Geckos
    -Stanley, Screwie Louie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StellasMommy View Post
    Lol, Jen! I think Iíll wait so I can save my money... time to start pocketing my lunch money
    If you show up there and are so hungry for not eating lunch for a month that the little geckos in deli cups start looking like tiny little chicken legs, we are keeping you in the car, just fyi.

Thanks

lol,It works out because I eat lunch at 11, at im not hungry because I eat breakfast, and then I pig out when I get home
    2.0.0 Crested Geckos
    -Stanley, Screwie Louie

Thanks

Awww, too bad you guys are like 1000+ miles away. I'd love to hang out with ya and go to the show!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas