Thread: "Horned" Gargoyle???

Thanks

Default "Horned" Gargoyle???

A few months ago, I acquired a nice reticulated male Garg. He's a very laid back gecko, nice black and white coloring when fired up-very very light when resting, but his most distinct feature is a lone "horn" near one of his eyes. It is only on one side, and it is fleshy like Crested Gecko crests, not stiff like an actual horn.
    I was wondering if anyone else have any "horned" Gargs? I would love to try to breed for this trait, so if anyone has any females, PM me...
    Here are a couple of photos of Alfalfa, the "horned" Gargoyle:

A full body photo:

Thanks

it's probably just a scale that is lying at an odd angle, or has been partially pulled out from the skin. The crests of the crested geckos are just modified scales, but I can't say I have ever seen that in any of my gargs.

Thanks

That is an interesting theory, but I can tell you that it is most definitely not a scale laying oddly or pulled away from the skin. It is a pronounced, fleshy "horn" most closely described as that of a Crested Gecko. I wish that I could capture it better in the photos, but after several attempts, that's the best that I could come up with. The "horn" stand straight up like a unicorn horn and is easily 5 times larger (or bigger) than any other scale on the gecko's head. I have touched it many times and it has the exact properties of a Crested's fleshy crest horns. It truly is an oddity!

Thanks

A garg with a bunch of those on it's head would be crazy looking!
    Rhachic
    www.goodlifeherps.weebly.com
    specializing in rhacodactylus