Thread: Anybody "noodle" ...

Thanks

Default Anybody "noodle" ...

..in your backyard or wherever? I do.. been doin' it since I was a kid.. only in me backyard, I don't need a .22 close by ...and I don't really have to be askeered I might lose a necessary extremity

While "noodling" in one of the drain pipes this morning..

Sorry I couldn't get my hands on something for reference, but my freckles aren't huge... It's about 1.25" STL . I am almost certain it's a hatchling California Slender Salamander ..Batrachoseps attenuatus ..and if so, once it's matured some, its tail will be really long and its legs will be almost non-existent ..making it resemble a big juicy earthworm ...that my Redfoot, Joob, really likes to snack on
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

Cool find!!

I don't noodle, but its a big deal around here! They hold noodling festivals and everything! lmao
    3.2 R. ciliatus
    ~ Jimmer, Izzy, Ruby, Vanilia, & Tigre

0.0.1 R. leachianus (G.T.)
    ~ Nibbler

Thanks

For those of you that have no idea what "noodling" is.. there are different versions of it..

Here's a video of some fellas catfish noodlin'
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

That salamande ris so little! And pretty, actually. =) I had no idea what "noodling" was, so I urban dictionary'd it:

"A form of fishing in which a crazy person runs into a lake and searches for holes on the bottom with his foot. Then he inserts his finger into the hole and lets something bite it. Hopefully, it's a catfish. If so, he wrestles the catfish to the surface and drags it to shore. If its not a catfish, he may lose his finger to a snapping turtle or his life to a water moccasin."

...lol.

Thanks

I saw an episode of dirty jobs with Mike Rowe in which he was "noodling". I thuoght it was absolutely the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. I also live in NJ so *shrug*.
    Rosario's Reptiles: Project Creamy Things...target 2012 season
    3.8 Ciliatus, 1.2 Guttata, and 1.2 Felis Catus.

Thanks

We don't do that in CA. You're likely to find dead bodies and then have to deal with the police. Ha, ha.
    It's a popcorn season!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    We don't do that in CA. You're likely to find dead bodies and then have to deal with the police. Ha, ha.
    ...especially in MY neighborhood!

It's really hard to resist the urge, though.. since I grew up in GA and my brothers and I noodled every chance we got!

Thanks

I'm from a small town in GA, and I grew up in a lake house (Lake Hartwell, for those who might have heard of it lol), and I have NEVER heard of such a thing. I thought it was a joke when that guy brought the catfish up in the youtube video. LOL Thanks for sharing!

The salamander is really a pretty awesome find!
    Christy
    4.8.6 crested geckos
    1.0.0 husband
    (JordanM: with too many blood pythons and eggs to count)
    0.1.0 Princess Lorissa
    Jordan Mullen's Blood Pythons
    Don't panic, I have my towel.

Thanks

CLeighV.. I grew up around Ft. Benning area ..a little further out and more rural, but near there. My Momma still lives in the ATL area ..we were just there a few weeks ago, actually.

We had ponds and creeks (pronounce that, "cricks" ) around, and on, our properties ...so we were always fishing and "noodling" and stuff. Kids will be kids ...even the grown up ones that got us started

Thanks

Saw that one too, love Mike Row. It was a crazy one
    2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
    1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
    1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca