Thread: Egg Not Growing

Thanks

Default Egg Not Growing

Ive had an egg for about a month. It looked fertile and there has been no mold. However, it has barely grown at all. I candled it again and you can see something inside though. Im I just crazy or whats up

Thanks

It's possible that it has died. Has your temperature changed at all? How long has it been incubating?

Just keep it. If it's bad, it will eventually mold. Otherwise, it may hatch.

Thanks

Temps have been at 76F and its a months old. The shadow has been getting bigger, just not the egg.

Thanks

My eggs seem to get most of their sizes that last month. maybe that is what is going on.
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

I think you're just imagining it. It probably has grown, but you haven't noticed because subtle changes are hard to spot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhatfield View Post
    My eggs seem to get most of their sizes that last month. maybe that is what is going on.
    DITTO... my eggs grow much more during the last month... hardly at all during the first month. just put it on the shelf, and forget it for a while!!!
    5.7.15.4 crested geckos
    2 corn snakes
    2 labs

Thanks

Im hoping. I actually hadnt been concerned until the female laid another pair of eggs a couple days ago and they were the same size as the month old one. Thanks!!!

Thanks

Oh, it's only a month old? Don't worry then. It doesn't tend to make any huge changes until after the second month or so, at least in my experience.

Thanks

Whatever you do...don't cut it open. Let it either hatch or mold to be 100% sure of it's viability.

Thanks

You dont have to worry about that. I havent been working with cresteds long, but Ive been hatching snake eggs for a couple years. After I had an egg hatch after it had split 6 weeks into incubation (I literally put a band-aid on it), it takes a lot to make me give up on an egg.