Thread: "rescued" a little hatchling! yay

Thanks

Default "rescued" a little hatchling! yay

so my friend called me up today and said something about how she now has this hatchling crested gecko and knows nothing about them, and she didn't have time for it... etc, - don't really know why she had it or how she ended up with it, she never really explained it coherently; so she asked me if I wanted it. How could I say no. Figures my mom just said she didn't want anymore animal in the house - oh well, she doesn't have to know about it... haha. So this little 'guy' is 5 grams. I'd say its probably a chocolate flame, although It's very close to being a halloween with lots of contrast - very dark base, deep chocolate grey, almost black with a nice orange and yellow pattern, has a little white on a few dorsal crests. It also has portholes and white stripes on each hind knee. It's color will probably continue to change as it ages though so I can't say for sure. I don't know if she's fired up or not, its color hasn't changed since I brought it home 8 hrs ago. Poor thing has a nipped tail though that is a little shriveled and black at the end. I'm hoping it turns out to be a female. *fingers crossed* !! It also has some pretty nice head crests, don't go all the way down, but are still pretty developed. It's currently in a medium kritter keeper with some branches and plants. It's really active and jumps around like crazy. I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow if i can get it to hold still.

Thanks

the way you describe the little guy makes him sound sexy! lol cant wait for pics would love to see him!
    I went Herp hunting and all i got was this signature....

Thanks

Okay, so here are some pictures . It was darker last night, near black. He has lots of portholes and 'sideburns' - crests/bumps on his sides, where the portholes are, but many are the same color as his body, not white. And fringing too.

and here are a few pics of my other little guy that I was able to get some better shots of. "He's" 12 grams. His color has changed a lot since when I first got him. When he fires up he gets a nice orange/red color. I'm not really sure what morph I would call him now, he seemed more of a harley before, but now he seems like more of a flame - not as much markings on his legs.

Thanks

Very nice geckos! looks like a nice find for free : )

Thanks

I aggree, wonderful deal for a free gecko!!! Lucky you! Pretty babies and congrats
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Pan looks like the gecko in the last pic but a little Darker,
    Great geckos. First one looks like a Hallo
    My Cresties
    Female: Pandora (2 Year/36g)
    Male: Silvanus (26g)

Thanks

the gecko in the last picture is the one that died recently due to my cat.
    the little baby is very cute, eating a lot and very active. it fires up dark black and orange. im very excited about this one, and really hoping its a girl.