Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr Coconut escaped

Thanks

Default Mr Coconut escaped

So last night since Coconut demanded Calci worms, I decided to go to petco and get some. When I got home I opened his cage, fed him some closed the cage up with tape, (he doesnt have one of those sliding cages only banana)
    and went along with other things. 10 o clock was arriving so i bid farewell to my friends on the chat and decided to go to sleep. Then I thought Id go get Ice cream haha yea I know I didnt need it but it sounded good..after i got done eating my icecream I went back to the room..and guess who was on top of their tank?! Coconut! I flipped out and thought how stupid of me not to make sure the cage door was shut tight. I picked him up and looked at me like he was innocent and all he was doing was going out for a night stroll. I put him in the cage and put like 72394237 pieces of tape on his cage..then I made sure to pull on the screen a bit to make sure it wouldnt release. So now I plan to double check my cages all the time..I have cats so I know coconut wouldnt be safe..I am just so glad I caught him before he snook off.
    -Ashley

Thanks

Sounds like your cats almost had a late night snack too! Maybe you should change his name to Houdini...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PandaParade View Post
    I put him in the cage and put like 72394237 pieces of tape on his cage..
    AHAHA

Oh My Goodness! Your craving for ice cream saved the day. XD That's a funny story.

Hey, aren't you in school right now?

Thanks

How scary! I am glad you found him before you knew or he realized how far he could go. I love there little innocent faces when they do something like that. I opened Pepitos cage last night and he flew out at me in one big jump landed on my chest and just smiled at me!
    Sandy
    7.6.8.0 Crested Gecko 1.1.3 Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1.0 Pine Island Chahoua 0.1.0 Bearded Dragon
    My sweet meow meow I miss you!
    1.0 Painted Turtle Squirt

Thanks

*I know...Thanks So Much Ice cream you saved the day!!!!
    And yea Im at school
    -Ashley

Thanks

lol! it happens, it's happened a few time to me in the past couple of months i have to admit! At least you didn't have to go hunting for him, that had to be a major relief!

hahaha and i know the look you are talking about, almost makes you feel guilty for ruining their "fun" hugh?

Thanks

I know..Coconut is a great crestie..he probably was just going out for a walk..or maby he does this all the time lol and i secretly dont know
    -Ashley

Thanks

LOL, thats why one of mine got names Grr. It was a nightly thing tell I got a locking tank. I suggest you do something about that. My Grr would body slam the tank tell he would knock the tape lose.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

hahah yea i plan to (as soon as i can gather the money) to get the tanks that lock right..or learn some possible way for it not to happen..carlos suggested rubber bands so im going to try that idea and a couple more out
    the cheapest i can find 10g with sliding locking doors are 30 dollars times 4 is120 :o so lol i have to save up..im getting 70 dollars in the mail so hopefully i can figure out something
    -Ashley

Thanks

Look at expos and see what you can get...also try and find a local tank manufacturer. I get all mine from one and it works out great! I can special order tanks and it still costs me less than the pet store I work at even w/ my discount.
    TTFN
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.