Thread: leachie ?

Thanks

Default leachie ?

i have a question about my leachies i just recieved them today .. and have been seing a few people who had animals die from too much humidty how do you reccamend i house / feed my new animals.. i pretty much know what to do but just want to be sure. thanks

Thanks

I assume they are babies.

I would just house the babies in a 15 qt sterilite bin, with a paper towel bottom, and a wad of paper towel over the warm side (about 80-82 degrees)

Then have a shallow water dish on the cool side along with the food dish.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

i need heat??? and why a wad of paper towel i have always heard of using cork bark

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajrocks777 View Post
    i need heat??? and why a wad of paper towel i have always heard of using cork bark
    I suppose cork would work, just said paper towel as its cheap. The above setup is how a friend of mine raises his leachianus babies, and his grow much faster than most other peoples.

Thanks Derek
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DDReptiles View Post
    I suppose cork would work, just said paper towel as its cheap. The above setup is how a friend of mine raises his leachianus babies, and his grow much faster than most other peoples.

Thanks Derek
    Any possibilities of a picture of a setup like this Derek? I would be interested in seeing one of these setups. Your post got the wheels turning in my head and a picture might help a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NOHR669.com Protect your rights! Don't let the bill pass!

Thanks

I will work on getting a picture up, like I said it is a friends setup, but I have all the stuff to replicate it. Hopefully get it up in a day or so, whenever I get a chance between the reptiles and school
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DDReptiles View Post
    I will work on getting a picture up, like I said it is a friends setup, but I have all the stuff to replicate it. Hopefully get it up in a day or so, whenever I get a chance between the reptiles and school
    No rush, I am just curious as to how this setup looks since you said it works well for them.

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

"I would just house the babies in a 15 qt sterilite bin, with a paper towel bottom, and a wad of paper towel over the warm side (about 80-82 degrees)"

what is there to see, lol. ??
    It is truly an upside-down world we live in where lies are truths, criminals are our nationsí leaders, and Satanís minions are considered men of God.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpynutz View Post
    "I would just house the babies in a 15 qt sterilite bin, with a paper towel bottom, and a wad of paper towel over the warm side (about 80-82 degrees)"

what is there to see, lol. ??
    If it makes them grow better I would rather see how he has them setup than guess. I'm not sure about all this warm side stuff or wad of paper towels etc. I would just like to see an example of the setup. Not really that big of a deal I didn't think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If it makes them grow better I would rather see how he has them setup than guess. I'm not sure about all this warm side stuff or wad of paper towels etc. I would just like to see an example of the setup. Not really that big of a deal I didn't think.
    Yeah me too, I can't understand how crumpled PT could be better than a couple cork slabs. But I don't have any leachies either.