Thread: possible to raise two baby gargs in one tank ?

Thanks

Default possible to raise two baby gargs in one tank ?

I was wondering if anyone has had success raising up baby gargs to sub adults in the same enclosure, like a 18,18,18 zoo med ? i have a friend who has done it from babies to juvies. Has anyone else had success with this ? thanks

Thanks

I have absolutely no experience with Gargs but if I remember correctly from just reading they are really bad tail-nibblers. I've even heard of eggs hatching in the same container causing tail loss. Perhaps, since the 18 cube is a really big enclosure for a baby gecko it could work. However I would just raise them separately - it's best to avoid the stress and potential tail loss/damage. If the cost of two tanks is an issue you can just raise them up in separate tubs.

Possible? Yes. It just depends on the owner if they feel it is the right (or best) thing to do.
    1.1.6 Rhacodactylus cilliatus
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus

Thanks

I wouldn't suggest it. I had two juvenile gargs that I tried to house in a large enclosure (over 3ft tall and about 2 feet wide and a 1ft deep) and one grew faster and quickly began bullying the smaller one. They had been perfectly fine for a while and then I caught her one time with the smaller in a headlock flinging him around like a dog shakes a rat. Needless to say, they were quickly separated after that. Perhaps my experience was just a one-time thing, but I would hate to see an animal get severely injured.

Thanks

Bye Bye Tails!
    -Justin-

Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile