Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: t. trachycephalus getting bigger...

Thanks

Ordered my "Attack Gecko" sign tonight! THANKS for letting me know it was on eBay! I'm always on eBay!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie
    1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
    1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
    1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sushigex View Post
    Out of curiosity how much do they go for roughly?
    They're unfortunately a rather expensive gecko due to the fact that they're one of the last livebearing geckos that still exist today (except for the New Zealand naultinus sp.) and only give birth (usually in twos) 1-2 times a year. They also take longer than most rhacs to mature and generally grow at a slower pace. Their numbers are fairly limited in the herp hobby because people haven't been breeding them long, and like cresteds and other rhacs, they are not being imported from New Caledonia.

Hatchlings run around a grand, while adults can go for 2-3 times that depending on gender and the breeder. Greater rough snouts (trachyrhynchus trachyrhynchus) generally demand a higher price because they are less common in captivity than the lessers (trachyrhynchus trachycephalus). The lesser rough snouts themselves however are considered the rarest of the rhacs in nature and are considered to be endangered.

Awesome about the sign guys! Glad to hear I'm not the only dork.
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

I love this species. Hopefully one day I'll be able to afford one!

Yours is just way too cute.

Thanks

Mandy! Stunning. How far down the line are your breeding plans?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontown View Post
    Mandy! Stunning. How far down the line are your breeding plans?
    Probably not for a few years, I want to make absolutely sure that I have a female before looking for a male. I'm very excited about the prospects of being able to breed this species and record my findings as I go. I'd like to thin out my crested herd first and then focus more on chahouas, sarasinorums and trachys in the future.
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrestedLove27 View Post
    I'd like to thin out my crested herd first and then focus more on chahouas, sarasinorums and trachys in the future.

Ohhhhh GREAT!!!!
    I want a Sara in the future!!!
    Hmm, the more I read about the trachys, the more I like them as well. I might consider getting one from you in a few years!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie
    1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
    1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
    1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Thanks

They're unfortunately a rather expensive gecko due to the fact that they're one of the last livebearing geckos that still exist today (except for the New Zealand naultinus sp.) and only give birth (usually in twos) 1-2 times a year. They also take longer than most rhacs to mature and generally grow at a slower pace. Their numbers are fairly limited in the herp hobby because people haven't been breeding them long, and like cresteds and other rhacs, they are not being imported from New Caledonia.

Hatchlings run around a grand, while adults can go for 2-3 times that depending on gender and the breeder. Greater rough snouts (trachyrhynchus trachyrhynchus) generally demand a higher price because they are less common in captivity than the lessers (trachyrhynchus trachycephalus). The lesser rough snouts themselves however are considered the rarest of the rhacs in nature and are considered to be endangered.

Awesome about the sign guys! Glad to hear I'm not the only dork.
    Who all do you know that work with Trachys?
    It's a popcorn season!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Who all do you know that work with Trachys?
    Richard Spekner of Pet'acular works with them and lets a few go usually around this time of the year. I haven't seen any up for sale on his kingsnake page, but I've been keeping an eye out. They don't come up for sale often and most people seem to trade them in private sales.
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

Richard Spekner of Pet'acular works with them and lets a few go usually around this time of the year. I haven't seen any up for sale on his kingsnake page, but I've been keeping an eye out. They don't come up for sale often and most people seem to trade them in private sales.
    I stop by for feeders just about every week. He is going to have limited quantity available this year since most are already paid for. I know he got most of his collection from Frank Fast but im interested to see who else is working with them.
    It's a popcorn season!