Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leachie or Garg that is the question

Thanks

I recommend you observe the two in their cages and then handle them if possible. They are the most vocal of all that I have worked with which excludes trachy and saras. It's up to you bud.
    It's a popcorn season!

Thanks

No, I am sure they are not all like that. But I can attest to at least 4-6 of them that I saw at the show very much did have deformities, and pictures dont show you everything that you need when buying online. My hatchling [that he lied to me about] seemed normal enough at first, it wasnt until it hit a year was the deformity OBVIOUS. This gecko has never, ever had a calcium deficiency, or any injuries that could have possibly caused it. Mine was also an excellent eater, super sweet, but PET QUALITY at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennsen View Post
    I can see the deformity some Tamera... that's sad.

I had emailed Rich about 3 months ago (3 emails total). I was inquiring about the chahouas he had for sale. He was kind enough to NOT answer ANY of my emails!! So, he won't be getting my business for that reason. But that is just me.

I'll be sticking with Ramy's chahouas. They are in perfect condition, breedable, and WONDERFUL animals with great personalities!!

Tamera, sorry that you can't breed her. What a shame!
    I could breed her, but anything carrying those types of genetics need not be producing and muddying up the gene pool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bleeding_sarcasm View Post
    No, I am sure they are not all like that. But I can attest to at least 4-6 of them that I saw at the show very much did have deformities, and pictures dont show you everything that you need when buying online. My hatchling [that he lied to me about] seemed normal enough at first, it wasnt until it hit a year was the deformity OBVIOUS. This gecko has never, ever had a calcium deficiency, or any injuries that could have possibly caused it. Mine was also an excellent eater, super sweet, but PET QUALITY at best.

I could breed her, but anything carrying those types of genetics need not be producing and muddying up the gene pool.
    Sorry but how could he lie about it if it didn't develop for a year after he sold the animal? I will keep close eyes on BOTH as they grow and watch for differences though.

*EDIT* BTW, is she mainland or PI?
    Last edited by MHGeckos; 08-29-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks

he lied to me about his availability. The gecko was owed to me in a trade that we did for a female repashy line Island E [the chahoua is a pure mainland] He told me he had chahoua eggs incubating that would be hatching soon. MONTHS went by, and he kept saying "no babies yet, soon" this started in april btw, and he promised me that I could "cherry pick" a chahoua out of the hatchlings he had available, when he had them. In august, a month before the sacramento show, he called me to pick out my gecko out of 2 HATCHLINGS. His manager was there to say that the other was sold, and this one was mine.

At the show, I of course cruised his table, only to see 8+ chahoua hatched between April - July, Well started juveniles. [since all of his geckos have tags with the hatch dates on them] These were the geckos that he had incubating when we originally made our deal, these were the geckos that he LIED to me about, saying he had none that had hatched yet. All the details are on the BOI thread if you do a search for his name. And said in as sugar coated of a way as I possibly could. Suffice it to say, I completely lost any respect that I had for the man. He could have TOLD me that he was holding back stock for the show, which I could have completely understood, He could have let me choose between animals at the end of the show of the ones that went unsold. Instead, he chose to LIE to me about it. Bad business. He recently contacted me about animals I had available, and I didnt even dignify them with a response, as I wouldnt even sell him anything, as I have seen how he tries to sell scarred up animals, that have lost compadibility and tried to kill eachother.

Thanks

Alright that's a completely different can of worms, I thought you were implying that he somehow knew she would turn out deformed. It is comforting to know she's a mainland, and this is what I assumed. I don't think this should have been discussed here though.

Thanks

this is why I'm all for mixing island localities for chahoua and especially leachianus geckos. I've heard it stated many times that mainland chahoua in the trade are suffering from signs of inbreeding and the pine island form is rapidly approaching the same problem. I recently purchased a GT x nuu ana cross from vosjoli that I'm very excited about.
    It is truly an upside-down world we live in where lies are truths, criminals are our nationsí leaders, and Satanís minions are considered men of God.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mh728 View Post
    Sorry but how could he lie about it if it didn't develop for a year after he sold the animal? I will keep close eyes on BOTH as they grow and watch for differences though.

*EDIT* BTW, is she mainland or PI?
    Ive heard some of the same stuff about Rich but will not go into detail

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpynutz View Post
    this is why I'm all for mixing island localities for chahoua and especially leachianus geckos. I've heard it stated many times that mainland chahoua in the trade are suffering from signs of inbreeding and the pine island form is rapidly approaching the same problem. I recently purchased a GT x nuu ana cross from vosjoli that I'm very excited about.
    This is why I purchase F1's and F2's for the most part, you do not NEED to mix locales of leachianus or chahoua's at all if you know the background of the leachie. All of my leachies are Steve Cemelli stock or FF, with quite a few of them being F1's.

Purchasing F1's and F2's allows me to choose to breed for specific locale and for purity. You do not have to cross if you want to pay the extra $$$ for the F1's.
    -Justin-

Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile

Thanks

GARGS !!!!!!!!!!
    every body wang chung tonight !

3.1 cresteds
    1.3 leos
    1.0 garg
    1.0 red-eyed tree frog
    0.1 bahaman anole
    1.0 blow up parrot-walter =)

1 Rip crested- sonney =(
    1 Rip skink - vanna =(

Thanks

i can attest to petacular being unhelpful at best. back when i was looking for my first dalmatian morph i found their posts on king snake, called them up he was really helpful and told me about his large stock of dalmatians, got my name email and said he would send me pics later that night...a week goes by and i figure my info got lost. so i called back about a week later he, promised he didnt forget about me but got my info again just to make sure... another week goes by nothing. i called about 4 times and sent 3-4 emails and never got any response. i eventually found my guy through a different breeder and a little after i bught him he finally emailed me with 2 crappy pictures, they were barely dalmatian and extremely over priced. i think something like $350 for geckos that looked no different than petco geckos. i have no experience with his geckos so i cant attest to their health, and he seemed like a very knowledgeable guy, but he doesnt really seem to care about the customer or the sale.
    2.1.0 Rhacodactylus Ciliatus Jasper, Taz, Hunter
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus Chahoua [PI](unnamed)
    1.1.0 Holland lop Marley, Ella