Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IM NOT CRAZY !!!

Thanks

yeaa thats one good looking beardie, and id like to be the first to complement your fancy big screen television as well lol
    Vadalism:Beautiful as a rock in a cops face

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sobedrummer007
    That is because they are a private well known breeder, we are talking about beardies found in petstores. All the beardies found in petstores near me have their tales missing, or have feces stuck to their feet and cloacal opening. They are just not healthy

ugh.. hearing things liek thsi disguist me.. they really need to regulate this kind of stuff.. and punish those who take such bad care of them.. lets start a rebellion!

Thanks

They try (the ASPCA and humane societies) though more so in mammals.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Try calling the Department of Agriculture. It's their job to inspect pet stores and ensure that the animals are properly taken care of. The pet store will get a warning... possibly a fine, and will have their license stripped if they don't improve the conditions.
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

they dont do a very good job.. if i ever walk into a petstore with these kind of conditions.. i will try my best to do somethign about it and not stay silent

Thanks

We should really do something to stop bad treatment of reptiles in petstrores. And not only that but we should fight to keep our hobby from being for lack of a better word outlawed. So many people are trying to stop the reptile pet trade and they don't even have the right facts.
    Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make. ---Count Dracula

Thanks

Isn't that the truth... They're passing a law here that will require that anyone with a snake over 8' long needs a permit. I think it goes into effect Jan 2006.

As for pet store neglect. I know it sounds cheesy, but honestly it's up to you to report abuse. The Department of Agriculture is responsible for investigating the claims... and they will carry out their promise to fine or other methods of punishing the store. Trust me, I know from experience that the Dept. of Agriculture is no joke. When I was manager at a pet store, I filed a complaint and a police report when I heard of what one of my employees did on my day off. (Long story.) To make it short, I quit my job, filed a complaint and a police report, the Dept of Ag. came in and nailed the people responsible to the wall. The owner lost his license, the people were arrested, and the store was disenfranchised. (It was a bad, bad scene.) As for the Dept of Ag... they'll do their job... they just need people to give them a heads up every now and again.
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

Thanks

thank you so much for your past experneices with the dept of agr. even thought its sad for them to lsoe their jobs and liscences.. its nothing compared to making hudnreds of hundreds of animals suffer.. day after day for weeks and weeks

Thanks

I don't regret it one little bit. That man (the owner) had no business owning a pet store and he deserved to have his license stripped and his business disenfranchised. I'm not a mean person, but that man was a psycho!!!
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

Thanks

You think thats bad I have had 4 petshops closed down due to the care of their animals. But one had sludge in the dog biscuts and everything was disgusting. I don't regret any of it. I just think that if you are going to open a pet store or any store for that matter you should care about your store and the things in it.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin