Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will I be able to find a good deal on a female?

Thanks

Default Will I be able to find a good deal on a female?

Im going to the fire show at the orlando fl, convention center on the first day which is tomorrow. Im going to be looking for a nice female...do you guys think I have a chance At finding a good looking female for my breeding project under $100 , Im kinda on a tight budget this time around. Im hoping for a nice dalmation or possible red .
    Just a few cresteds for now, babys on their way.

Thanks

Females tend to always be a little more. But, you might be able to find a probable female.

Thanks

Maybe, it never hurts to look! Sounds like you might have platinum taste on a copper budget though...

Thanks

Well I know I won't find any reds at that kind of price, Im searching for any female for the most part...I'd settle for a bucky or flame. any female really.

Thanks

hmmm...so many views, so little replys....btw this is my first reptile show...so I know nothing about them?

Thanks

I got Midna for $75, so you may get lucky!
    http://pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17898
    ~www.CrestieCafe.com~
    4.4.10 Crested Geckos (Deku, Charmander, Zebes, Scampi, Gemron, Mocha, Tiramisu, Chozo, & the hatchlings)
    Eggs currently in incubation: 8

Thanks

Do you have a loupe? If so, take it with you. You might be able to find a nice sexable female juvie (or two) for that price! The price of females tends to double when they hit breeding age, and juvie prices are killer at shows while adult prices tend to stay about the same. At least thats my experience, and I've only been to two shows.

Thanks

I was also considering this female at petsmart I saw earlier today, she was a bucky with blond patterns, almost breeding age too...only thing that stopped me from buying is she had a small amount Of dried up poo by her vent ....but she was really fat and feeding on cgd and cricks....they told me that she had a fecal not too long ago that came out negative for parasites....could it have had somthing to do with the coco fiber bedding in the cage , also she was very active and alert and seemed calm when I handled her.

she is 69.99 , should I go for her?

Thanks

this thought won't go along with your budget, but if i were you, i would go for the highend female, the best i could find, and pay the price. because all of your eggs will come from her. just go for it.

EDIT: also, one thing i did was buy little juvies that i thought would become highend female adults, and that has been helpful. be patient. don't feel you need that breeding group right away, or you will end up with mediocre cresties!
    5.7.15.4 crested geckos
    2 corn snakes
    2 labs

Thanks

Depends on who is at the show. You probably wont find one that cheap from a well known breeder but I have picked up a few females for $50 each at our show from some vendors that usually dont keep cresteds.